Meeting: Jasper Utility Service BoardFebruary 20, 2019
The Jasper Utility Service Board met Tuesday and:
• Heard that Keith Masterson resigned from his position on the board due to health concerns. The board approved replacing his spot with new member Eber Menjivar, who will also take over the role of secretary. Phil Schmidt moved from the secretary position to electric commissioner.
• Opened bids for a project that will line city sewer and stormwater pipes. Bidders included SAK Construction of O’Fallon, Missouri; Granite Inliner of Orleans; of Insituform of Chesterfield, Missouri; and Miller Pipeline of Indianapolis. Approved low bidder Miller Pipeline to complete the wastewater work, pending spec review, at a cost of $84,884.60.
• Heard that Green Earth Technologies, the group salvaging the old power plant, is on pace to complete the removal by the end of March. Once the building is down, the ground will be seeded.
• Approved the sending of Indiana Department of Environmental Management-required water quality reports to residents through Gemini Group at a cost of $5,276.
• Heard an update on the U.S. 231 water supply and pressure improvement project.
• Approved an annual service agreement with Cummins Crosspoint of Evansville for generators at the gas and water department for $3,549.99.
• Approved a 12 percent water rate increase, which now goes to the Jasper Common Council for final approval.
• Approved a $9,713 change order to the Valley View Estates sewer line stabilization project.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
For one week every summer, members of 4-H clubs from across Dubois County descend on the...
A Pub 'N' Grub is coming soon to 514 N. Jackson Street, the former location of 514 and Yaggi's.
Fifty years ago, before Neil Armstrong took his legendary small step toward a big future, Mike...
Zach Troxal dug into the crumbled dirt beneath him, carving out a hole deep enough for him to...
It was in the land of livestock, crafts, cooking, science, robotics and so much more where Lisa...
There are a handful of moments in history that transcend. When they happen, where we were and...
Drivers coming into Ireland from the west side will likely notice the new artwork that now...
Indiana State Police Superintendent Douglas G. Carter has promoted Sgt. Robbie Lambert to Jasper...