Meeting: Jasper Utility Service BoardFebruary 20, 2019
The Jasper Utility Service Board met Tuesday and:
• Heard that Keith Masterson resigned from his position on the board due to health concerns. The board approved replacing his spot with new member Eber Menjivar, who will also take over the role of secretary. Phil Schmidt moved from the secretary position to electric commissioner.
• Opened bids for a project that will line city sewer and stormwater pipes. Bidders included SAK Construction of O’Fallon, Missouri; Granite Inliner of Orleans; of Insituform of Chesterfield, Missouri; and Miller Pipeline of Indianapolis. Approved low bidder Miller Pipeline to complete the wastewater work, pending spec review, at a cost of $84,884.60.
• Heard that Green Earth Technologies, the group salvaging the old power plant, is on pace to complete the removal by the end of March. Once the building is down, the ground will be seeded.
• Approved the sending of Indiana Department of Environmental Management-required water quality reports to residents through Gemini Group at a cost of $5,276.
• Heard an update on the U.S. 231 water supply and pressure improvement project.
• Approved an annual service agreement with Cummins Crosspoint of Evansville for generators at the gas and water department for $3,549.99.
• Approved a 12 percent water rate increase, which now goes to the Jasper Common Council for final approval.
• Approved a $9,713 change order to the Valley View Estates sewer line stabilization project.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Dubois County Council members discussed on Monday options for financing either a renovated...
County officials discussed at length on Monday the $40,500 Dubois County is being asked to...
Fifty years ago, Northwood Retirement Community opened in Jasper as Northwood Good Samaritan Center.
A dedication ceremony for the Ferdinand Veterans Memorial, constructed on the north side of town...
There’s more to Young Life than fostering faith. Teens build lifelong relationships with...
We’re still in the thick of spring, but there’s something about the upcoming Old Jasper Day...
Indiana’s Lt. Gov. Suzanne Crouch walked around Market Street Park with Huntingburg Mayor...
The feasibility study on options for expanding the Dubois County Security Center and addressing...