Meeting: Jasper UtilitiesMay 19, 2020
The Jasper Utility Service Board met Monday and:
• Heard an update on the power plant deconstruction project.
• Heard of proposals received from eight bidders for an advanced metering infrastructure system. They were all taken under advisement.
• Heard that spring fire hydrant flushing was completed on May 5.
• Heard that site work has been finalized at the site of the city’s south water tank, which was recently rehabilitated. That project will officially be complete after an anniversary inspection in the early fall. The board approved paying Tank Pro, Inc., the project contractor, $15,079.59.
• Approved a contract with ConocoPhillips that covers the sale and purchasing of gas.
• Approved the transfer of a vibratory plate from the street department to the gas and water departments.
• Approved the addition of eight water customers. The customers live along Sixth Street, by Rolling Ridge Road.
• Approved the purchase of a sewer jet truck from Best Equipment Company of Indianapolis at a cost of $245,357.50.
• Approved enlisting Midwestern Engineers to develop bid specifications for a supervisory control and data acquisition, or SCADA, upgrade at a cost not to exceed $18,500.
• Approved a resolution making changes to the summer sewer discount and special situation rebates.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Lincoln Amphitheatre is rescheduling its 2020 performance series for 2021.
Farmers markets offer more than just a place for locals to buy and sell fresh produce. They also...
The 2020 Ferdinand Folk Festival has been canceled.
The Dubois County Health Department reported three new COVID-19 cases today, bringing the...
Jasper High School graduated 255 in the Class of 2020 this month when e-learning came to an end...
The wedding of my daughter Delaney and future son-in-law Max has become one of what Knot.com...
The Dubois County Health Department confirms four more positive cases of novel coronavirus,...
The Dubois County Health Department confirms seven more positive cases of novel coronavirus,...