Meeting: Jasper UtilitiesMay 19, 2020
The Jasper Utility Service Board met Monday and:
• Heard an update on the power plant deconstruction project.
• Heard of proposals received from eight bidders for an advanced metering infrastructure system. They were all taken under advisement.
• Heard that spring fire hydrant flushing was completed on May 5.
• Heard that site work has been finalized at the site of the city’s south water tank, which was recently rehabilitated. That project will officially be complete after an anniversary inspection in the early fall. The board approved paying Tank Pro, Inc., the project contractor, $15,079.59.
• Approved a contract with ConocoPhillips that covers the sale and purchasing of gas.
• Approved the transfer of a vibratory plate from the street department to the gas and water departments.
• Approved the addition of eight water customers. The customers live along Sixth Street, by Rolling Ridge Road.
• Approved the purchase of a sewer jet truck from Best Equipment Company of Indianapolis at a cost of $245,357.50.
• Approved enlisting Midwestern Engineers to develop bid specifications for a supervisory control and data acquisition, or SCADA, upgrade at a cost not to exceed $18,500.
• Approved a resolution making changes to the summer sewer discount and special situation rebates.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Dubois County Health Department reported 22 new COVID-19 cases today.
Horse riding is in his blood. The craft was passed down to Mitchell Kaiser from his father and...
After years of planning and discussion, St. Mary Catholic Church in Ireland dedicated a new...
Now that the Dubois County Health Department is open to the public again, health officials are...
The Dubois County Health Department reported seven new COVID-19 cases today.
A wave of pink, yellow and blue shot down the twisty water slide at the Jasper Municipal...
For the first time in about 60 years, Jerome Buening, 82, will miss the Dubois County 4-H Fair.
Where would you go to find Greek and Mexican foods; as well as barbecue, crepes, shaved ice and...