Meeting: Jasper Public Works and SafetyApril 23, 2019
The Jasper Board of Public Works and Safety met Tuesday and:
• Approved the route of St. Joseph Catholic Church’s 12th annual 5K Run and Walk. The event will take place at 8 a.m. on Saturday, June 1.
• Approved street closures and property usage for Strassenfest in August. The annual downtown festival will take place from Thursday, Aug. 1, to Sunday, Aug. 4. The board also approved a temporary stage set up of a new, west side stage, at a date to be determined.
• Approved DC Multisport to host a running endurance event from 6:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Saturday, July 27, at the Jasper Parklands. Kevin Manley, representing the group, said between 50 and 100 runners are expected to participate.
• Approved routes and street closings for DC Multisport’s eighth annual Heartland Half Marathon and 5K. The events will take place on Saturday, Sept. 21. Manley said the races may draw more than 1,000 participants this year.
• Approved the purchase of a K-9 kennel insert for a newly purchased Jasper Police Department SUV. The price was $5,390 from Advanced Radio Communications of Huntingburg. Some of the money will come from the K-9 donations fund, and the remainder will come from the police department’s budget.
• Approved the closure of East 10th Street near its intersection with Vine Street for box culvert repairs for about a week starting later this week. Also approved the eventual closure of 30th Street near its intersection with Lottes Drive for storm sewer replacements underneath the street. That work will also last about a week after it begins. In addition to those closings, the board approved the eventual closure of West 15th Street near the Newton Street intersection for road repairs that will be completed in mid-May.
• Approved the junking of an old computer and laser printer.
• Heard a reminder from Mayor Dean Vonderheide that grass clippings should be cleaned up and not dumped into the street.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The double-nickel age is just days away. Fifty-five. That’s old.
Next weekend, Actors Community Theatre will bring "These Shining Lives" to life.
Wade Pierce believes there’s a beer out there for everybody. Perhaps you haven’t found your...
This weekend marks the third weekend of November, and in Ferdinand that means the Olde World is...
This is your chance to say you knew them before they were famous. Their journey started at Dance...
This semester, 28 students are enrolled in the Career Advancement Partnership program at...
A chorus of stomps sounded in Dana Howard’s preschool class at Holy Trinity Catholic School...
Three seldomly used Jasper parks will be stripped of their equipment and decommissioned in the...