Meeting: Jasper Public Works and SafetyApril 23, 2019
The Jasper Board of Public Works and Safety met Tuesday and:
• Approved the route of St. Joseph Catholic Church’s 12th annual 5K Run and Walk. The event will take place at 8 a.m. on Saturday, June 1.
• Approved street closures and property usage for Strassenfest in August. The annual downtown festival will take place from Thursday, Aug. 1, to Sunday, Aug. 4. The board also approved a temporary stage set up of a new, west side stage, at a date to be determined.
• Approved DC Multisport to host a running endurance event from 6:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Saturday, July 27, at the Jasper Parklands. Kevin Manley, representing the group, said between 50 and 100 runners are expected to participate.
• Approved routes and street closings for DC Multisport’s eighth annual Heartland Half Marathon and 5K. The events will take place on Saturday, Sept. 21. Manley said the races may draw more than 1,000 participants this year.
• Approved the purchase of a K-9 kennel insert for a newly purchased Jasper Police Department SUV. The price was $5,390 from Advanced Radio Communications of Huntingburg. Some of the money will come from the K-9 donations fund, and the remainder will come from the police department’s budget.
• Approved the closure of East 10th Street near its intersection with Vine Street for box culvert repairs for about a week starting later this week. Also approved the eventual closure of 30th Street near its intersection with Lottes Drive for storm sewer replacements underneath the street. That work will also last about a week after it begins. In addition to those closings, the board approved the eventual closure of West 15th Street near the Newton Street intersection for road repairs that will be completed in mid-May.
• Approved the junking of an old computer and laser printer.
• Heard a reminder from Mayor Dean Vonderheide that grass clippings should be cleaned up and not dumped into the street.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The federal portion of grant funding for the Huntingburg Airport’s runway extension project...
Keith “Curly” Souders is running on the Republican ticket for the at-large seat on the...
Amber Wahl has announced her intention to run for the Huntingburg Common Council seat for the...
Ireland Elementary is saying, “Salutations,” to the school year with a reading initiative...
The Herald went home with more than 20 awards at this year’s Hoosier State Press Association...
The 2019 Huntingburg Herbstfest Miss and Pre-Teen Miss Queen Pageants are set for 7 p.m. Sunday,...
While many newlyweds choose a tropical getaway for their honeymoon, 2015 Jasper High School...
Fridays during football season are some of Southridge High School Athletic Director Brett...