Meeting: Jasper Public Works and SafetyFebruary 26, 2019
The Jasper Board of Public Works and Safety met Tuesday and:
• Approved the Kiwanis Kiddie Karnival to take place on Sunday, June 9, at the Jasper Riverwalk and Buehler Plaza. The event will be held from 10 a.m. to around 5 p.m.
• Approved the Jasper Jaycees to use the Jaycee Park on the morning of Saturday, April 20, for the group’s annual Easter egg hunt. Participants will also receive goodie bags and the Easter Bunny will be on site.
• Approved the Dubois County Veterans Council to use city facilities as part of the annual Memorial Day Observance on the Courthouse Square on Saturday, May 25.
• Approved the hosting of the 6th annual Heartland Kids Fun Run Race & Festival. The race will take place on Friday, Sept. 20. The Heartland Half-Marathon and 5K race are scheduled for the following morning.
• Approved Girls on the Run to host a celebratory 5K Run and Walk at and nearby Jasper Middle School on Saturday, April 27. The race is open to the public.
• Approved German American Bank to partner with the city to complete the annual Clean Sweep event that promotes the collection of litter in the city on the morning of Saturday, April 13.
• Opened bids for a new police car and SUV. The bids were taken under advisement and will be approved at the board’s next meeting at 8 a.m. on Tuesday, March 12. The meeting will take place at City Hall, 610 Main Street.
• Heard that the Jasper Fire Department received 361 fire and emergency medical calls in 2018 — eight more calls than 2017. The department responded to 271 service calls in 2016.
• Tentatively approved the replacement of interior lights at the fire station at a cost of $5,275 by Hulsman Electric of Jasper, pending bid inspection.
• Approved the street department to purchase a TAG Manufacturing rock bucket from Diamond Equipment Inc. of Evansville for $12,949.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Dubois County Council members discussed on Monday options for financing either a renovated...
County officials discussed at length on Monday the $40,500 Dubois County is being asked to...
Fifty years ago, Northwood Retirement Community opened in Jasper as Northwood Good Samaritan Center.
A dedication ceremony for the Ferdinand Veterans Memorial, constructed on the north side of town...
There’s more to Young Life than fostering faith. Teens build lifelong relationships with...
We’re still in the thick of spring, but there’s something about the upcoming Old Jasper Day...
Indiana’s Lt. Gov. Suzanne Crouch walked around Market Street Park with Huntingburg Mayor...
The feasibility study on options for expanding the Dubois County Security Center and addressing...