Meeting: Jasper Public Works and SafetyAugust 22, 2017
The Jasper Board of Public Works and Safety met Tuesday and:
• Made a proclamation declaring Sept. 7 Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Awareness Day in the City of Jasper, in accordance with World Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy Awareness Day.
• Approved the Jasper Band to close Second Street from Hoosier Hills Credit Union to Clay Street and Scott Rolen Drive near Fifth Street School and to use parking lots at the Schroeder Complex and parks department maintenance site on Saturday, Oct. 7 for a marching band competition.
• Approved closing Portersville Road between 47th Street and County Road 550 for utility work on a development in the area. The road will be closed from Monday, Aug. 28 to Friday, Sept. 1 during daytime hours. The road will be open for local and emergency traffic.
• Approved beginning the application process for two new police officers for 2018.
• Approved promoting Josh Dooley and Mike Steurer to assistant fire chief at the Jasper Volunteer Fire Department effective Sept. 2.
• Approved Smithville Fiber to install a new utility pole at the corner of Jackson and Fourth streets for their fiber internet build out of the city.
• Approved the street department to hire a new general laborer to fill an opening.
• Approved the closure of Scenic Court at Pleasant View Drive and Pleasant View Drive from Scenic Court to Newton Street after Labor Day for the installation of a storm sewer. The area will be accessible from Sunset Drive.
• Approved the street department to seek quotes for a roof over the salt bins at the old Jasper Municipal Power Plant on 15th Street and for a new traffic light controller box at Third Avenue and Meridian Road.
• Approved a recommendation for a designation of no parking on 36th Street between Hartford Drive and Newton Street so the city can repaint the street to add a turn lane and make the entire street no parking on both sides. The recommendation goes to the Common Council for final approval.
• Approved an ordinance violation form to streamline the code enforcement process. The form will also go to the Plan Commission for approval.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
A traffic stop for reckless speeds on Interstate 64 ths afternoon led to two men being jailed on...
The Indiana Department of Transportation today announced its winners in the second annual...
A groundbreaking ceremony will be held Tuesday, Sept. 26 to signal the start of construction...
While only about 8 percent of elementary school teachers in Dubois County are men, those men...
A deadly storm tore through Timisoara, Romania Sunday, and a handful of Jasper residents...
The Huntingburg Conservation Club is still trying to figure out a way to fix the lake’s dam,...
Two Dubois REC linemen traveled to Florida early last week to help restore power in Irma-ravaged...
Jenna Brock didn’t win Herbstfest queen when she competed last year, but that didn’t sway...