Meeting: Jasper Public Library BoardApril 12, 2019
The Jasper Public Library Board met Thursday and:
• Heard that Jennifer Ramos joined the staff as a bilingual library assistant. She is already making a difference in customer service, Library Director Christine Golden said.
• Heard that the bond sale for the Thyen-Clark Cultural Center will close next Thursday.
• Heard that Krempp Construction began work on the cultural center immediately after the groundbreaking ceremony last week with proof rolling, which tells the crews how much they need to stabilize the soil. Krempp decided to use 5.5 percent concrete to stabilize the soil.
• Heard that now that the old Hoosier Desk building has been demolished, Krempp Construction crews are conducting additional soil testing.
• Heard that the first work on the cultural center will involve bringing in truck loads of dirt to raise the elevation. That will begin as soon as the Indiana Department of Environmental Management gives the plan the OK. IDEM has a say because the construction site is so close to the Patoka River.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Cars roared to life at the Dubois County 4-H Fairgrounds Saturday evening in time for the 29th...
For one week every summer, members of 4-H clubs from across Dubois County descend on the...
A Pub 'N' Grub is coming soon to 514 N. Jackson Street, the former location of 514 and Yaggi's.
When 4-H youth graduate, they go off to different places across the world in a number of...
Fifty years ago, before Neil Armstrong took his legendary small step toward a big future, Mike...
Zach Troxal dug into the crumbled dirt beneath him, carving out a hole deep enough for him to...
It was in the land of livestock, crafts, cooking, science, robotics and so much more where Lisa...
There are a handful of moments in history that transcend. When they happen, where we were and...