Meeting: Jasper Public Library BoardApril 12, 2019
The Jasper Public Library Board met Thursday and:
• Heard that Jennifer Ramos joined the staff as a bilingual library assistant. She is already making a difference in customer service, Library Director Christine Golden said.
• Heard that the bond sale for the Thyen-Clark Cultural Center will close next Thursday.
• Heard that Krempp Construction began work on the cultural center immediately after the groundbreaking ceremony last week with proof rolling, which tells the crews how much they need to stabilize the soil. Krempp decided to use 5.5 percent concrete to stabilize the soil.
• Heard that now that the old Hoosier Desk building has been demolished, Krempp Construction crews are conducting additional soil testing.
• Heard that the first work on the cultural center will involve bringing in truck loads of dirt to raise the elevation. That will begin as soon as the Indiana Department of Environmental Management gives the plan the OK. IDEM has a say because the construction site is so close to the Patoka River.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The nun serving as the Spanish language interpreter for the Dubois County Courts will tell you...
The four school corporations worked together to secure funding for 15 stop-arm cameras that were...
The Dubois County Health Department reported today 18 new positive COVID-19 cases.
Later this month, Bryce Conway will begin working as the group’s event coordinator.
The Dubois County Health Department reported today three new positive COVID-19 cases.
Was it a sign? The way this year has been going, should we be surprised that a Jasper creek...
Burgess and Courtney Heberer founded Santa Claus Exterior Cleaning after they discovered a new...
The Dubois County Health Department reported today 12 new positive COVID-19 cases.