Meeting: Jasper Public Library BoardApril 12, 2019
The Jasper Public Library Board met Thursday and:
• Heard that Jennifer Ramos joined the staff as a bilingual library assistant. She is already making a difference in customer service, Library Director Christine Golden said.
• Heard that the bond sale for the Thyen-Clark Cultural Center will close next Thursday.
• Heard that Krempp Construction began work on the cultural center immediately after the groundbreaking ceremony last week with proof rolling, which tells the crews how much they need to stabilize the soil. Krempp decided to use 5.5 percent concrete to stabilize the soil.
• Heard that now that the old Hoosier Desk building has been demolished, Krempp Construction crews are conducting additional soil testing.
• Heard that the first work on the cultural center will involve bringing in truck loads of dirt to raise the elevation. That will begin as soon as the Indiana Department of Environmental Management gives the plan the OK. IDEM has a say because the construction site is so close to the Patoka River.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
As with Veterans Day itself, the numbers associated with World War II infantryman Louis Schmidt...
It’s all over. After countless hours of practice in the blistering heat and freezing cold,...
Bill Pfister continues his long and complicated search for a kidney.
Anderson Peters died Monday at age 16 when his heart gave out due to hypertrophic...
North Park Cinemas, a family owned and operated theater group based in Evansville, has...
When Josh Rivedal of Los Angeles was at his lowest, he discovered he needed to be in service to...
Jasper Community Arts will present a performance by 6 Guitars at 7:30 p.m. Friday at the Jasper...
To his knowledge, Chad Lueken was the only candidate whose kids waved oversized images of his...