Meeting: Jasper Public Library BoardApril 12, 2019
The Jasper Public Library Board met Thursday and:
• Heard that Jennifer Ramos joined the staff as a bilingual library assistant. She is already making a difference in customer service, Library Director Christine Golden said.
• Heard that the bond sale for the Thyen-Clark Cultural Center will close next Thursday.
• Heard that Krempp Construction began work on the cultural center immediately after the groundbreaking ceremony last week with proof rolling, which tells the crews how much they need to stabilize the soil. Krempp decided to use 5.5 percent concrete to stabilize the soil.
• Heard that now that the old Hoosier Desk building has been demolished, Krempp Construction crews are conducting additional soil testing.
• Heard that the first work on the cultural center will involve bringing in truck loads of dirt to raise the elevation. That will begin as soon as the Indiana Department of Environmental Management gives the plan the OK. IDEM has a say because the construction site is so close to the Patoka River.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
School staff directed traffic at Pine Ridge Elementary Thursday morning as cars poured into the...
Joyce Martin wanted one more ride. Horses have surrounded the 82-year-old woman her entire life....
U.S. Sen. Mike Braun was the featured speaker at the Dubois Strong annual meeting Thursday.
When and how the Mid-States Corridor will be completed after the initial study on the project is...
Tuesday evening, Dr. Arthur Provisor spoke at the Dubois County Leukemia Association’s annual...
When Pine Ridge Elementary preschool teacher Marilyn Stevens, 32, takes her class outside in the...
This is a story so wacky that you, the reader, might find yourself rereading lines from it over...
The Northeast Dubois School Board approved moving forward with a renovation to Northeast Dubois...