Meeting: Jasper Public Library BoardDecember 14, 2018
The Jasper Public Library Board met Thursday and:
• Heard the results of an application the library, Jasper Community Arts Commission and Dubois County Museum submitted to bring a Smithsonian exhibit titled “Change in Rural America” to Dubois County. The application was not approved for the exhibit, but the group was awarded $1,500 to put together its own exhibit or program around the theme.
• Approved the staff to make transfers between line items in the 2018 budget to make sure everything finishes the year in the black.
• Approved a resolution establishing a construction fund with Springs Valley Bank and Trust in conjunction with the Thyen-Clark Cultural Center project. Springs Valley Bank and Trust purchased the bonds that the library is using to pay for its portion of the roughly $13 million project that will bring the library and JCAC under the same roof at the corner of Third and Mill streets. Construction is expected to begin this spring.
• Heard that Hafer Associates of Evansville, the engineering firm working with the library and city on the cultural center, is still reviewing the construction bids that were opened at the end of November. The firm is reviewing the bids to make a recommendation to the library and city on which firm can do the best work for the best price. The recommendation is expected within a couple weeks.
• Heard that the plat for the cultural center site is complete. The site will include four lots, with the library occupying one, the arts occupying one, the atrium space occupying one and the parking lot occupying one.
• Heard that the Indiana Economic Development Corporation gave final approved for the cultural center project to receive $3.4 million in economic development tax credits.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The nun serving as the Spanish language interpreter for the Dubois County Courts will tell you...
The four school corporations worked together to secure funding for 15 stop-arm cameras that were...
The Dubois County Health Department reported today 18 new positive COVID-19 cases.
Later this month, Bryce Conway will begin working as the group’s event coordinator.
The Dubois County Health Department reported today three new positive COVID-19 cases.
Was it a sign? The way this year has been going, should we be surprised that a Jasper creek...
Burgess and Courtney Heberer founded Santa Claus Exterior Cleaning after they discovered a new...
The Dubois County Health Department reported today 12 new positive COVID-19 cases.