Meeting: Jasper Public LibraryMarch 13, 2020
The Jasper Public Library Board met Thursday and:
• Heard that the library received a $2,700 donation from Psi Iota Xi for a new early literacy computer for the children’s section. The early literacy computer is pre-loaded with games to teach children literacy skills and is well used by kids in the library.
• Heard that April 1 is National Census Day. The library will have events running throughout the day to encourage people to fill out the census forms, and staff members will be on hand to assist with the forms.
• Heard that on Tuesdays and Wednesdays throughout April, a Spanish translator will be in the library from 6 to 7:30 p.m. to assist the Hispanic community with the census forms.
• Library Director Christine Golden stressed the importance of everyone filling out the census forms because the census count determines how much funding is received locally under some programs, especially with libraries and schools. The library, Golden said, pays for internet service each year through a funding program determined by census data.
• Heard that construction on the Thyen-Clark Cultural Center is going well. Crews are working to finish pouring the concrete floors and are framing the rooms on the library side, which sits closest to the Patoka River. Next will be building retaining walls around the property, with curb construction to come in the summer.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Friday eight new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
This is the last school year Mark Jahn will be principal of Cedar Crest Intermediate School.
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Thursday another COVID-19-related death in...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Wednesday seven new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Tuesday six new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
Tom Schmitt sat in his pickup Wednesday, far away from the construction workers, watching the...
The Indiana State Department of Health has reported since Friday 20 new COVID-19 cases in Dubois...
As Kyle Gudorf and Lance Reynolds searched for their next great catch, the bowfishermen learned...