Meeting: Jasper Public LibraryMarch 13, 2020
The Jasper Public Library Board met Thursday and:
• Heard that the library received a $2,700 donation from Psi Iota Xi for a new early literacy computer for the children’s section. The early literacy computer is pre-loaded with games to teach children literacy skills and is well used by kids in the library.
• Heard that April 1 is National Census Day. The library will have events running throughout the day to encourage people to fill out the census forms, and staff members will be on hand to assist with the forms.
• Heard that on Tuesdays and Wednesdays throughout April, a Spanish translator will be in the library from 6 to 7:30 p.m. to assist the Hispanic community with the census forms.
• Library Director Christine Golden stressed the importance of everyone filling out the census forms because the census count determines how much funding is received locally under some programs, especially with libraries and schools. The library, Golden said, pays for internet service each year through a funding program determined by census data.
• Heard that construction on the Thyen-Clark Cultural Center is going well. Crews are working to finish pouring the concrete floors and are framing the rooms on the library side, which sits closest to the Patoka River. Next will be building retaining walls around the property, with curb construction to come in the summer.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Dubois County Health Department confirms a third positive case of COVID-19 in Dubois County.
Kimball Electronics produces pieces other companies use to assemble medical devices, and due to...
There is significant concern that many people are not taking the recommendations and guidelines...
Indiana State Department of Health announced today the second positive case of COVID-19 for a...
Balancing work while parenting in the time of coronavirus
The Dubois County Health Department is accepting donations of homemade face masks and other...
In this age of social distancing due to COVID-19, social media is helping to fill in the human...
Memorial Hospital and Health Care Center has a plan for COVID-19, and has been working daily to...