Meeting: Jasper Public LibraryFebruary 14, 2020
The Jasper Public Library Board met Thursday and:
• Approved an amendment to the 2020 salary resolution to reflect an employee’s five-year anniversary with the library.
• Heard that the library made upgrades to its printing system so patrons can now print in color and black and white from any computer in the library, as well as wirelessly.
• Heard that the library received a copy of “Eva: A-7063,” a documentary about Holocaust survivor Eva Kor who lived in Terre Haute and founded Candles Holocaust Museum and Education Center. She passed away last year.
• Heard that construction of the Thyen-Clark Cultural Center is moving along, with framing work being done in the atrium and library portions of the building. The second floor of the library’s wing has also been constructed. Right now, however, the weather is slowing progress.
• Board President Pamela Catt suggested board members each develop an elevator speech about the library for when community members ask about what the library does.
• Heard that Library Director Christine Golden traveled to Indianapolis recently to meet with legislators during a legislative day. There, she said, she spoke with Rep. Shane Lindauer, R-Jasper, and Stephen Bartels, R-Eckerty, about the challenges and needs of public libraries.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Dubois County Health Department confirms seven more positive cases of novel coronavirus,...
Celestine Elementary’s Last Year
The Dubois County Health Department confirms two more positive cases of novel coronavirus,...
Of the 169 Dubois County residents who have tested positive for COVID-19, a total of six have...
Three candidates are seeking the Democratic nomination for District 8 U.S. Representative.
Southridge High School graduated 116 in the Class of 2020 last week when e-learning came to an...
Gov. Eric J. Holcomb announced that because health indicators remain positive, most of the state...
The Dubois County Health Department confirms six more positive cases of novel coronavirus,...