Meeting: Jasper Public LibraryFebruary 14, 2020
The Jasper Public Library Board met Thursday and:
• Approved an amendment to the 2020 salary resolution to reflect an employee’s five-year anniversary with the library.
• Heard that the library made upgrades to its printing system so patrons can now print in color and black and white from any computer in the library, as well as wirelessly.
• Heard that the library received a copy of “Eva: A-7063,” a documentary about Holocaust survivor Eva Kor who lived in Terre Haute and founded Candles Holocaust Museum and Education Center. She passed away last year.
• Heard that construction of the Thyen-Clark Cultural Center is moving along, with framing work being done in the atrium and library portions of the building. The second floor of the library’s wing has also been constructed. Right now, however, the weather is slowing progress.
• Board President Pamela Catt suggested board members each develop an elevator speech about the library for when community members ask about what the library does.
• Heard that Library Director Christine Golden traveled to Indianapolis recently to meet with legislators during a legislative day. There, she said, she spoke with Rep. Shane Lindauer, R-Jasper, and Stephen Bartels, R-Eckerty, about the challenges and needs of public libraries.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
A new website aims to connect Dubois County residents to resources that could change their...
Doug Uebelhor is seeking re-election to the Dubois County Council at-large seat.
The Dubois County Health Department reported today 12 new positive cases of COVID-19.
Sonya Haas is seeking re-election to the Dubois County Council.
Use your voice. That was the message pushed Saturday at a rally organized by a group whose...
Just after nightfall on Saturday, Tina Heichelbech of Jasper looked at the bags that were in...
The Dubois County Health Department reported today 11 new positive cases of COVID-19.
The Dubois County Health Department reported today 29 new positive cases of COVID-19.