Meeting: Jasper Public LibraryFebruary 14, 2020
The Jasper Public Library Board met Thursday and:
• Approved an amendment to the 2020 salary resolution to reflect an employee’s five-year anniversary with the library.
• Heard that the library made upgrades to its printing system so patrons can now print in color and black and white from any computer in the library, as well as wirelessly.
• Heard that the library received a copy of “Eva: A-7063,” a documentary about Holocaust survivor Eva Kor who lived in Terre Haute and founded Candles Holocaust Museum and Education Center. She passed away last year.
• Heard that construction of the Thyen-Clark Cultural Center is moving along, with framing work being done in the atrium and library portions of the building. The second floor of the library’s wing has also been constructed. Right now, however, the weather is slowing progress.
• Board President Pamela Catt suggested board members each develop an elevator speech about the library for when community members ask about what the library does.
• Heard that Library Director Christine Golden traveled to Indianapolis recently to meet with legislators during a legislative day. There, she said, she spoke with Rep. Shane Lindauer, R-Jasper, and Stephen Bartels, R-Eckerty, about the challenges and needs of public libraries.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Herald asked four individuals about what they wear on a daily basis.
Teens at local high schools donned orange this week to bring awareness to an issue that on...
The planners behind a Dubois County summer festival have a new person at the helm.
Immigration lawyer Christine Popp travels from Bloomington to Dubois County to help immigrants...
Amy Morris picked up five quesadillas for herself and her Rural King coworkers. Santiago Nunez...
A member of the Indiana State Police at the Jasper Post is being recognized for reaching a...
The route options for the proposed Mid-States Corridor will be discussed at public meetings next...
The banging of hammers echoed down the hall at the Center for Technology, Innovation and...