Meeting: Jasper Public LibraryJune 14, 2019
The Jasper Public Library Board met Thursday and:
• Heard that the library purchased three retro gaming systems for patrons to check out. The library will offer Nintendo, Super Nintendo and PlayStation that come preloaded with classic games.
• Heard that the staff will add additional DVD shelving. The current collection is too large for the shelves, but librarians can’t pull anything because all the items are circulated.
• Approved an update to the salary resolution for Business Manager Angie Schitter a raise.
• Heard that Romy Kissel and Clare Bies of Romy and Clare Creative Clay want to create a piece of community art for display in the library portion of the Thyen-Clark Cultural Center. Community members will have an opportunity to contribute to the work at The Beehive, Romy and Clare’s annual art fair, and at a library event that is to be scheduled.
• Heard that the dirt work at the cultural center site at the corner of Mill and Third streets is complete. Construction crews are now working on stabilizing the parking lot section.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Patoka Lake reached the spillway elevation of 548 feet as of noon today.
Heavy pockets of rain continued to dampen Dubois County this morning, as water levels at Patoka...
For 15-year-old Thalia Hernandez of Jasper, her quinceañera was filled with moments to remember.
A grant application seeking money to build a new fire station in Birdseye received what amounted...
Due to Sunday evening's rain and heavy rain over the past several months, Patoka Lake will...
Sports car clubs from across Kentucky and Southern Indiana came together in Jasper on Saturday...
At an age when most women decide to retire from the sport, Joanie Mundy of Huntingburg decided...
Recently, I came to terms with the fact that I am a son who’ll never be as successful as his...