Meeting: Jasper Public LibraryJune 14, 2019
The Jasper Public Library Board met Thursday and:
• Heard that the library purchased three retro gaming systems for patrons to check out. The library will offer Nintendo, Super Nintendo and PlayStation that come preloaded with classic games.
• Heard that the staff will add additional DVD shelving. The current collection is too large for the shelves, but librarians can’t pull anything because all the items are circulated.
• Approved an update to the salary resolution for Business Manager Angie Schitter a raise.
• Heard that Romy Kissel and Clare Bies of Romy and Clare Creative Clay want to create a piece of community art for display in the library portion of the Thyen-Clark Cultural Center. Community members will have an opportunity to contribute to the work at The Beehive, Romy and Clare’s annual art fair, and at a library event that is to be scheduled.
• Heard that the dirt work at the cultural center site at the corner of Mill and Third streets is complete. Construction crews are now working on stabilizing the parking lot section.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Life can be chaotic and messy for the Villarreal family, but they get by with their love for one...
The Jasper Strassenfest Committee revealed the logo and button design Friday for this year's...
For Charlotte Olson of Ireland, climbing Mount Kilimanjaro just feels right.
Crossroads Behavioral Health in Huntingburg has been closed, but will reopen in the next couple...
A vigil is planned next month to mark what will be six months since Daniel Grannan went missing...
In 1940, Mary George Kissel and Theresita Schenk — along with 11 other young women —...
SERVUS!, headquartered in Jasper, announced Thursday the sale of its Denny’s restaurant...
Participants can now vote to determine the winners in The Herald's annual Best Of Dubois County...