Meeting: Jasper Public LibraryJune 14, 2019
The Jasper Public Library Board met Thursday and:
• Heard that the library purchased three retro gaming systems for patrons to check out. The library will offer Nintendo, Super Nintendo and PlayStation that come preloaded with classic games.
• Heard that the staff will add additional DVD shelving. The current collection is too large for the shelves, but librarians can’t pull anything because all the items are circulated.
• Approved an update to the salary resolution for Business Manager Angie Schitter a raise.
• Heard that Romy Kissel and Clare Bies of Romy and Clare Creative Clay want to create a piece of community art for display in the library portion of the Thyen-Clark Cultural Center. Community members will have an opportunity to contribute to the work at The Beehive, Romy and Clare’s annual art fair, and at a library event that is to be scheduled.
• Heard that the dirt work at the cultural center site at the corner of Mill and Third streets is complete. Construction crews are now working on stabilizing the parking lot section.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
For about 25 years, Bob Zimmerman has preserved a lost chapter of history at the Lincoln Boyhood...
When Logan and Alicia Clark moved to Celestine in 2011, they had dreams of their children some...
Though summer officially begins Friday, kids have been out of school and hopping around the...
Woodcrest Capital of Forth Worth, Texas, has purchased the Jasper Manor Shopping Center located...
Rain has pounded Dubois County this week but stopped just in time Tuesday night to bring out a...
Celestine Elementary will close after the 2019-20 school year.
With a fifth straight day of rain in store and 30 roads flooded by muddy water, the Dubois...
Patoka Lake reached the spillway elevation of 548 feet as of noon today.