Meeting: Jasper Public LibraryJune 14, 2019
The Jasper Public Library Board met Thursday and:
• Heard that the library purchased three retro gaming systems for patrons to check out. The library will offer Nintendo, Super Nintendo and PlayStation that come preloaded with classic games.
• Heard that the staff will add additional DVD shelving. The current collection is too large for the shelves, but librarians can’t pull anything because all the items are circulated.
• Approved an update to the salary resolution for Business Manager Angie Schitter a raise.
• Heard that Romy Kissel and Clare Bies of Romy and Clare Creative Clay want to create a piece of community art for display in the library portion of the Thyen-Clark Cultural Center. Community members will have an opportunity to contribute to the work at The Beehive, Romy and Clare’s annual art fair, and at a library event that is to be scheduled.
• Heard that the dirt work at the cultural center site at the corner of Mill and Third streets is complete. Construction crews are now working on stabilizing the parking lot section.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
A plaque on the east side of the Dubois County Courthouse honors seven Revolutionary War...
Preschool is now more accessible for low-income Indiana families.
Ryan Menke participated in the Navy SEAL Hudson River Swim, the first sanctioned swim across the...
A recent Huntingburg Airport intern created a guidebook for interns and students interested in...
Many are familiar with the motorcycle gang archetype — rugged outlaws prone to violence. In...
Construction Manager Pat Gress has about 500 photos on his phone chronicling the construction of...
Jose Dubon has announced his plan to run on the Republican ticket for the Huntingburg Common...
No sex, no drugs, no race-relations and no politics. When Clint Hall of Huntingburg tells jokes,...