Meeting: Jasper Public LibraryJune 14, 2019
The Jasper Public Library Board met Thursday and:
• Heard that the library purchased three retro gaming systems for patrons to check out. The library will offer Nintendo, Super Nintendo and PlayStation that come preloaded with classic games.
• Heard that the staff will add additional DVD shelving. The current collection is too large for the shelves, but librarians can’t pull anything because all the items are circulated.
• Approved an update to the salary resolution for Business Manager Angie Schitter a raise.
• Heard that Romy Kissel and Clare Bies of Romy and Clare Creative Clay want to create a piece of community art for display in the library portion of the Thyen-Clark Cultural Center. Community members will have an opportunity to contribute to the work at The Beehive, Romy and Clare’s annual art fair, and at a library event that is to be scheduled.
• Heard that the dirt work at the cultural center site at the corner of Mill and Third streets is complete. Construction crews are now working on stabilizing the parking lot section.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Southwest Dubois County School Board approved spending up to $5.5 million on renovations in...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Friday another COVID-19-related death in Dubois...
The Dubois County Health Department is working diligently to prevent further spread of COVID-19...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Thursday one more COVID-19-related death in...
Despite the pandemic, the town of Ferdinand had a pretty good year in 2020, Town Council...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Wednesday two more COVID-19-related deaths in...
Joe Crutchfield, who has been sober for years, has been working for more than a year on starting...
The Dubois County Park Board has considered several matters for the park’s future.