Meeting: Jasper Public LibraryJune 14, 2019
The Jasper Public Library Board met Thursday and:
• Heard that the library purchased three retro gaming systems for patrons to check out. The library will offer Nintendo, Super Nintendo and PlayStation that come preloaded with classic games.
• Heard that the staff will add additional DVD shelving. The current collection is too large for the shelves, but librarians can’t pull anything because all the items are circulated.
• Approved an update to the salary resolution for Business Manager Angie Schitter a raise.
• Heard that Romy Kissel and Clare Bies of Romy and Clare Creative Clay want to create a piece of community art for display in the library portion of the Thyen-Clark Cultural Center. Community members will have an opportunity to contribute to the work at The Beehive, Romy and Clare’s annual art fair, and at a library event that is to be scheduled.
• Heard that the dirt work at the cultural center site at the corner of Mill and Third streets is complete. Construction crews are now working on stabilizing the parking lot section.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
A photo essay featuring four local baptisms documented by Herald photojournalists.
Tourists clamored to first see the trickle of oil in the tranquil water of Pearl Harbor, and...
The Huntingburg Police Department force has a new member.
The Ferdinand Chamber of Commerce honored two award winners and had several featured speakers...
What would she think? When Leo Eckerle tilts back his head to look at the 32-foot-tall pine on...
Four-year-old Head Start student Ray perused Walmart’s toy cars aisle Wednesday morning with...
Marlene Greener shared Christmas letters explaining her family’s excitement about moving to...
It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas in downtown Jasper.