Meeting: Jasper Public LibraryMarch 15, 2019
The Jasper Public Library Board met Thursday and:
• Heard that the library is teaming up with the Jasper Community Arts Commission to host singer-songwriter Matt Beilis on March 23. Beilis will host a workshop at 2:30 p.m. at the library about how to make a career as a singer-songwriter. The concert is at 7:30 p.m. at the Jasper Community Arts Center. Both programs are open to all ages.
• Thanked Ross Dress for Less for a $2,500 donation in conjunction with the store’s grand opening in Jasper’s North Ridge Shopping Center.
• Approved a bid from Matrix Integration of Jasper for $114,000 to install internet equipment at the Thyen-Clark Cultural Center. The project is eligible for up to a 60 percent rebate through the federal e-rate program that helps libraries gain internet connection.
• Heard that a committee will form to coordinate the creation of a donor wall for the cultural center. The committee will include representation from both the library and JCAC and be in charge of selecting who will design and construct the wall.
• Heard that the interior design process for the cultural center is moving forward. Design concepts for the rooms are being put together and will be distributed to local manufacturers to see what the companies can provide.
• Heard that a groundbreaking ceremony for the Thyen-Clark Cultural Center will be held at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, April 2, at the project site, 100 Third Avenue, Jasper. The event is open to the public.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Despite having a visual impairment that causes her eyes to constantly dance back and forth,...
Springs Valley Bank & Trust Company has donated $50,000 to the Tri-County YMCA’s Reimagine...
Before the season began, some wondered if the Northeast Dubois Marching Jeeps — who have...
Contract negotiations that began in May are ongoing between Memorial Hospital and Health Care...
Tenth Street Elementary fifth-graders Henry Hostetter and Isaiah Pardo plunged plastic straws...
The Tri-County YMCA is about to get bigger.
People are invited to Market Street Park on Saturday to enjoy food, brews and the blues.
There will be a Jubilee Celebration of worship, praise and fellowship Sunday recognizing the...