Meeting: Jasper Park & Recreation BoardSeptember 9, 2020
The Jasper Park & Recreation Board met Tuesday and:
• Heard from Janessa Wagner, Jasper’s recreation director, that the city’s Older Americans Center is still closed. Leadership will discuss its options moving forward, but Wagner noted that “opening up the center is not looking good for a good while, so they want to explore some other options about maybe trying to figure out some stuff for outside.”
• Heard that August was another busy month at Buffalo Trace Golf Course. The course brought in north of $80,000 — more than $13,000 more than the course brought in during August 2019. On the year, the course has brought in almost $59,000 more than it did last year. More than 3,000 players came to the course in August.
• Approved an add-on to the previously approved project that will see the transformation of the two Bohnert Park tennis courts into six pickleball courts. The additional work will be completed by Byers Incorporated DBA Tri-State Fence Company of Evansville, and will bring interior fences and an exterior fence to the courts at a cost of $19,403. Department leadership hopes to have the project completed this year.
• Approved repairing or replacing aging playground equipment at Jaycee Park at a cost of up to $40,000. Department leadership also hopes that work is completed before 2021.
• Approved seeking quotes for a utility vehicle that would be used at the Jasper Youth Sports Complex. The cost is estimated to be between $6,000 and $7,000.
• Approved a Jasper Youth Sports Complex concession stand agreement.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Holiday World will be celebrating its 75th birthday during a summer marked by reopening and a...
The Dubois County Veterans Council’s annual Memorial Day observance will honor all present...
The school year that ends this month is not the one we would have wished for. After living with...
The Downtown Chowdown hadn’t even officially started yet and lines at each food truck were...
The Indiana State Department of Health has reported since Friday five new COVID-19 cases in...
As summer nears, a mobile makerspace van with the Jasper Public Library will be popping up at...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Friday two new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Thursday five new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.