Meeting: Jasper Park & Recreation BoardSeptember 9, 2020
The Jasper Park & Recreation Board met Tuesday and:
• Heard from Janessa Wagner, Jasper’s recreation director, that the city’s Older Americans Center is still closed. Leadership will discuss its options moving forward, but Wagner noted that “opening up the center is not looking good for a good while, so they want to explore some other options about maybe trying to figure out some stuff for outside.”
• Heard that August was another busy month at Buffalo Trace Golf Course. The course brought in north of $80,000 — more than $13,000 more than the course brought in during August 2019. On the year, the course has brought in almost $59,000 more than it did last year. More than 3,000 players came to the course in August.
• Approved an add-on to the previously approved project that will see the transformation of the two Bohnert Park tennis courts into six pickleball courts. The additional work will be completed by Byers Incorporated DBA Tri-State Fence Company of Evansville, and will bring interior fences and an exterior fence to the courts at a cost of $19,403. Department leadership hopes to have the project completed this year.
• Approved repairing or replacing aging playground equipment at Jaycee Park at a cost of up to $40,000. Department leadership also hopes that work is completed before 2021.
• Approved seeking quotes for a utility vehicle that would be used at the Jasper Youth Sports Complex. The cost is estimated to be between $6,000 and $7,000.
• Approved a Jasper Youth Sports Complex concession stand agreement.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Thursday one more COVID-19-related death in...
Despite the pandemic, the town of Ferdinand had a pretty good year in 2020, Town Council...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Wednesday two more COVID-19-related deaths in...
Joe Crutchfield, who has been sober for years, has been working for more than a year on starting...
The Dubois County Park Board has considered several matters for the park’s future.
The Dubois County Health Department, in collaboration with the Indiana State Department of...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Tuesday three more COVID-19-related deaths in...
How I Broke This | Ep. 1 | Slaw Shack