Meeting: Jasper Park BoardMarch 11, 2020
The Jasper Park Board met Tuesday and:
• Approved the Jasper Mayor’s Youth Council to repaint a few picnic tables. The youth council will use the picnic tables for a gathering space beside an interactive mural that is slated to go up sometime later this year on the Kerstiens building, which is by the Jasper Indiana Farmers Market, and across the street from the new Thyen-Clark Cultural Center.
• Heard that the Older Americans Center is up about 200 participants from where it was this time last year. Exercise classes, bingo events and catered meals all have increased attendees.
• Heard that the Older Americans Center has taken precautions and is encouraging its users to do things to cut down on the spread of germs.
• Heard that the golf courses made $1,992 in February, $757 more than the month in 2019. The front nine of Buffalo Trace Municipal Golf Course will open in the coming days, and Dubois County Junior Golf lessons will begin at the end of this month for fifth- through eighth-graders.
• Opened quotes for a new set of portable bleachers. The low quote of $35,772 from Century Industries was approved.
• Approved permission to seek quotes for a mower that will be used at the Jasper Youth Sports Complex. The price is estimated to be between $20,000 and $24,000.
• Approved the purchase of a John Deere gator for $27,512. The gator will be used at Buffalo Trace and at the Schroeder Soccer Complex.
• Approved the hiring of seasonal employees and permanent, part-time employees.
• Approved scrapping various park property fixtures and items. Also approved auctioning a swingset.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Friday five new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Thursday nine new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
Becky Hickman has always enjoyed helping people succeed by connecting them to resources.
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Wednesday eight new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Tuesday five new COVID-19 deaths in Dubois...
A Birdseye man was flown to an Evansville hospital with a head injury after his pickup truck...
The Indiana State Department of Health has reported since Friday 12 new COVID-19 cases in Dubois...
Former Herald photographer Marlena Sloss was named 2020 Indiana Photographer of the Year this...