Meeting: Jasper Park BoardMarch 11, 2020
The Jasper Park Board met Tuesday and:
• Approved the Jasper Mayor’s Youth Council to repaint a few picnic tables. The youth council will use the picnic tables for a gathering space beside an interactive mural that is slated to go up sometime later this year on the Kerstiens building, which is by the Jasper Indiana Farmers Market, and across the street from the new Thyen-Clark Cultural Center.
• Heard that the Older Americans Center is up about 200 participants from where it was this time last year. Exercise classes, bingo events and catered meals all have increased attendees.
• Heard that the Older Americans Center has taken precautions and is encouraging its users to do things to cut down on the spread of germs.
• Heard that the golf courses made $1,992 in February, $757 more than the month in 2019. The front nine of Buffalo Trace Municipal Golf Course will open in the coming days, and Dubois County Junior Golf lessons will begin at the end of this month for fifth- through eighth-graders.
• Opened quotes for a new set of portable bleachers. The low quote of $35,772 from Century Industries was approved.
• Approved permission to seek quotes for a mower that will be used at the Jasper Youth Sports Complex. The price is estimated to be between $20,000 and $24,000.
• Approved the purchase of a John Deere gator for $27,512. The gator will be used at Buffalo Trace and at the Schroeder Soccer Complex.
• Approved the hiring of seasonal employees and permanent, part-time employees.
• Approved scrapping various park property fixtures and items. Also approved auctioning a swingset.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
With a set of twins and triplets and six other kids, Adam and Nikkia Anders of Birdseye never...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Friday 12 new cases of COVID-19 in Dubois County.
It all started with a path through the woods. Just over 20 years ago, Dave Buehler’s vision...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Thursday 19 new cases of COVID-19 in Dubois County.
Plans for creating a countywide trail master plan are slowly progressing.
After receiving a favorable recommendation from the Jasper Utility Service Board earlier this...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Wednesday Dubois County's 26th COVID-19 death,...
A women’s recovery home could come to Jasper’s east side.