Meeting: Jasper Park BoardMarch 11, 2020
The Jasper Park Board met Tuesday and:
• Approved the Jasper Mayor’s Youth Council to repaint a few picnic tables. The youth council will use the picnic tables for a gathering space beside an interactive mural that is slated to go up sometime later this year on the Kerstiens building, which is by the Jasper Indiana Farmers Market, and across the street from the new Thyen-Clark Cultural Center.
• Heard that the Older Americans Center is up about 200 participants from where it was this time last year. Exercise classes, bingo events and catered meals all have increased attendees.
• Heard that the Older Americans Center has taken precautions and is encouraging its users to do things to cut down on the spread of germs.
• Heard that the golf courses made $1,992 in February, $757 more than the month in 2019. The front nine of Buffalo Trace Municipal Golf Course will open in the coming days, and Dubois County Junior Golf lessons will begin at the end of this month for fifth- through eighth-graders.
• Opened quotes for a new set of portable bleachers. The low quote of $35,772 from Century Industries was approved.
• Approved permission to seek quotes for a mower that will be used at the Jasper Youth Sports Complex. The price is estimated to be between $20,000 and $24,000.
• Approved the purchase of a John Deere gator for $27,512. The gator will be used at Buffalo Trace and at the Schroeder Soccer Complex.
• Approved the hiring of seasonal employees and permanent, part-time employees.
• Approved scrapping various park property fixtures and items. Also approved auctioning a swingset.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Wednesday two more COVID-19-related deaths in...
Joe Crutchfield, who has been sober for years, has been working for more than a year on starting...
The Dubois County Park Board has considered several matters for the park’s future.
The Dubois County Health Department, in collaboration with the Indiana State Department of...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Tuesday three more COVID-19-related deaths in...
How I Broke This | Ep. 1 | Slaw Shack
The Indiana General Assembly is working on several bills in response to COVID-19’s...
The Indiana State Department of Health has reported since Friday two more COVID-19-related...