Meeting: Jasper Park BoardFebruary 12, 2020
The Jasper Park Board met Tuesday and:
• Heard a report from Carrie Dick with the Older Americans Center. Trips have been planned to the Tropicana Casino and the Derby Dinner. The center will also facilitate a trip to the Cincinnati Reds-St. Louis Cardinals game on Wednesday, April 22. Total participation at the center is up almost 400 guests compared to where it was at this time in 2019.
• Heard a report from City Golf Director John Bertges. Buffalo Trace Golf Course pulled in $1,770 in January — mainly from memberships sold for the upcoming season. Leagues are being planned, and the maintenance crew is still working on the back nine at Buffalo Trace.
• Opened quotes for fertilizer that will be used at various city park properties. Quotes came from J Fuhs Lawncare Services of Jasper and Patriot & Sons Lawn Care Inc. of Jasper. The bids remained in line with what were received last year. Bids for the Jasper Youth Sports Complex and William Schroeder Soccer Complex were awarded to Patriot & Sons at a cost of $12,100; J Fuhs was awarded bids for Central Green and the Parklands of Jasper at a cost of $2,825.
• Approved renewing youth sports contracts with the youth baseball, football, soccer and softball sports leagues. The contract amounts remained the same as they were in 2019: Baseball and softball were $7,000 each, while football and soccer were $6,000.
• Approved seeking bids for golf carts that will be used at Buffalo Trace. Also Approved seeking prices for a Gator utility vehicle that will be used at Buffalo Trace.
• Approved hiring two seasonal employees.
• Heard a briefing on the department’s annual report. A full story is on Page 3.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari’s newest marquee attraction is the first of its kind — a...
The county's plan for reopening will follow the state's plan.
The Dubois County Health Department reported today one new COVID-19 case.
A little bowtie-clad hamster named Harry Hugger is here to teach children about the COVID-19...
Dubois County Democratic Chairman Mike Kendall said he still stands behind Mikayla Granados’...
The Dubois County Health Department today reported no new COVID-19 cases.
In just under a year, the Tri-County YMCA in Ferdinand will be 50% larger. It held a...
The Dubois County Health Department reported today two new COVID-19 cases.