Meeting: Jasper Park BoardOctober 9, 2019
The Jasper Park Board met Tuesday and:
• Heard that the Older Americans Center has had about 480 more attendees in 2019 than 2018. Participation is up in many activities that the local venue offers.
• Heard that September was a good month at Buffalo Trace Golf Course. The course brought in $67,786 — $14,262.70 more than in September 2018. Numbers were also high at Ruxer with $8,945.11, or $557 more than last year. Also heard that aeration at Buffalo Trace and half of Ruxer has been completed, and maintenance work has been completed on various holes.
• Approved the low quote for a trash truck from Uebelhor & Sons of Jasper. The cost of the truck is $89,113.
• Approved a quote for new playground equipment that will be installed between the two shelter houses at the Schroeder Soccer Complex. The cost is around $35,000 for the parks department, and the equipment — which is designed to be used by 5- to 12-year-olds — will be purchased from Burke, a company that specializes in commercial playground equipment. It could be up this fall.
• Discussed various price changes to park facility and activity fees that could go into effect in 2020. A resolution will be crafted for discussion for next month’s meeting, which will take place at 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 12, in the council chambers at City Hall, 610 Main St.
• Granted permission to get quotes for fertilizer for Buffalo Trace Golf Course. Also granted permission to seek bids for a storage barn at that course.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Despite having a visual impairment that causes her eyes to constantly dance back and forth,...
Springs Valley Bank & Trust Company has donated $50,000 to the Tri-County YMCA’s Reimagine...
Before the season began, some wondered if the Northeast Dubois Marching Jeeps — who have...
Contract negotiations that began in May are ongoing between Memorial Hospital and Health Care...
Tenth Street Elementary fifth-graders Henry Hostetter and Isaiah Pardo plunged plastic straws...
The Tri-County YMCA is about to get bigger.
People are invited to Market Street Park on Saturday to enjoy food, brews and the blues.
There will be a Jubilee Celebration of worship, praise and fellowship Sunday recognizing the...