Meeting: Jasper Park BoardOctober 9, 2019
The Jasper Park Board met Tuesday and:
• Heard that the Older Americans Center has had about 480 more attendees in 2019 than 2018. Participation is up in many activities that the local venue offers.
• Heard that September was a good month at Buffalo Trace Golf Course. The course brought in $67,786 — $14,262.70 more than in September 2018. Numbers were also high at Ruxer with $8,945.11, or $557 more than last year. Also heard that aeration at Buffalo Trace and half of Ruxer has been completed, and maintenance work has been completed on various holes.
• Approved the low quote for a trash truck from Uebelhor & Sons of Jasper. The cost of the truck is $89,113.
• Approved a quote for new playground equipment that will be installed between the two shelter houses at the Schroeder Soccer Complex. The cost is around $35,000 for the parks department, and the equipment — which is designed to be used by 5- to 12-year-olds — will be purchased from Burke, a company that specializes in commercial playground equipment. It could be up this fall.
• Discussed various price changes to park facility and activity fees that could go into effect in 2020. A resolution will be crafted for discussion for next month’s meeting, which will take place at 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 12, in the council chambers at City Hall, 610 Main St.
• Granted permission to get quotes for fertilizer for Buffalo Trace Golf Course. Also granted permission to seek bids for a storage barn at that course.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
It was a holly, jolly evening at the OFS Brands headquarters in Huntingburg Wednesday evening.
The steps Br. Martin Erspamer takes to create his art are straightforward. The underlying...
Santa’s chief elf and one of Santa Claus’ beloved matriarchs will be on "The Kelly Clarkson...
The last several weeks of work on the Thyen-Clark Cultural Center can be summed up in one word:...
As Dubois County Habitat for Humanity is planning the dedication of its newest home, it has set...
Sickbert was chosen out of an applicant pool of 83 candidates from all four high schools in...
At a national level, Builders Club aims to engage students ages 11 to 14 in service and...
While Christmas tree farms close across the state, the Scherles are pushing ahead.