Meeting: Jasper Park BoardSeptember 11, 2019
The Jasper Park Board met Tuesday and:
• Approved updating the software of 11 computers at the Older Americans Center to Microsoft Windows 10 at a cost of $9,273.
• Heard that August was a good month at Buffalo Trace Golf Course, and the course is on track to having a good summer if numbers stay up during September and October.
• Opened bids for a trash truck. Bids for gas and diesel trucks were opened from Ruxer Ford and Uebelhor and Sons, both of Jasper. The bids — which came in around $100,000 — were taken under advisement and will come back before the board at its next meeting, set for 4:30 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 8, at City Hall, 610 Main St.
• Approved the laying of new blacktop on a 285-foot stretch of the Jasper Riverwalk, as well as an area near the concession stand at the William Schroeder Soccer Complex. The total cost of the projects is roughly $15,800, and both will be completed this fall. Calcar Paving of Paoli will complete the work.
• Heard an update on the conversation regarding the possible decommissioning of seldom-utilized city parks. The board will share recommendations for each of the seven parks at the October meeting.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Fridays during football season are some of Southridge High School Athletic Director Brett...
Like any sports enthusiast, John Braun of Cannelton has made his fair share of bets with...
If you’ve been by the corner of Fourth and Mill streets lately, chances are you’ve seen...
Bill Hochgesang, superintendent of the Northeast Dubois County School Corporation, has been...
A member of the Indiana Arts Commission saw some of the local arts in Dubois County Wednesday.
Seventy-five years after his heroic death, the father of a Jasper woman was recently honored in...
Dubois County Community Corrections has been on the search for grant funding to help replace...
Ferdinand Park Board President Matt Weyer hears a lot of excitement around town when the Old...