Meeting: Jasper Park BoardSeptember 11, 2019
The Jasper Park Board met Tuesday and:
• Approved updating the software of 11 computers at the Older Americans Center to Microsoft Windows 10 at a cost of $9,273.
• Heard that August was a good month at Buffalo Trace Golf Course, and the course is on track to having a good summer if numbers stay up during September and October.
• Opened bids for a trash truck. Bids for gas and diesel trucks were opened from Ruxer Ford and Uebelhor and Sons, both of Jasper. The bids — which came in around $100,000 — were taken under advisement and will come back before the board at its next meeting, set for 4:30 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 8, at City Hall, 610 Main St.
• Approved the laying of new blacktop on a 285-foot stretch of the Jasper Riverwalk, as well as an area near the concession stand at the William Schroeder Soccer Complex. The total cost of the projects is roughly $15,800, and both will be completed this fall. Calcar Paving of Paoli will complete the work.
• Heard an update on the conversation regarding the possible decommissioning of seldom-utilized city parks. The board will share recommendations for each of the seven parks at the October meeting.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
A photo essay exploring diversity among Generation Z in Dubois and surrounding counties.
In the last 50 years, what began as a part-time gig for Thermwood CEO Ken Susnjara while he...
The double-nickel age is just days away. Fifty-five. That’s old.
Next weekend, Actors Community Theatre will bring "These Shining Lives" to life.
Wade Pierce believes there’s a beer out there for everybody. Perhaps you haven’t found your...
This weekend marks the third weekend of November, and in Ferdinand that means the Olde World is...
This is your chance to say you knew them before they were famous. Their journey started at Dance...
This semester, 28 students are enrolled in the Career Advancement Partnership program at...