Meeting: Jasper Park BoardSeptember 11, 2019
The Jasper Park Board met Tuesday and:
• Approved updating the software of 11 computers at the Older Americans Center to Microsoft Windows 10 at a cost of $9,273.
• Heard that August was a good month at Buffalo Trace Golf Course, and the course is on track to having a good summer if numbers stay up during September and October.
• Opened bids for a trash truck. Bids for gas and diesel trucks were opened from Ruxer Ford and Uebelhor and Sons, both of Jasper. The bids — which came in around $100,000 — were taken under advisement and will come back before the board at its next meeting, set for 4:30 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 8, at City Hall, 610 Main St.
• Approved the laying of new blacktop on a 285-foot stretch of the Jasper Riverwalk, as well as an area near the concession stand at the William Schroeder Soccer Complex. The total cost of the projects is roughly $15,800, and both will be completed this fall. Calcar Paving of Paoli will complete the work.
• Heard an update on the conversation regarding the possible decommissioning of seldom-utilized city parks. The board will share recommendations for each of the seven parks at the October meeting.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
After years of planning and discussion, St. Mary Catholic Church in Ireland dedicated a new...
Now that the Dubois County Health Department is open to the public again, health officials are...
The Dubois County Health Department reported seven new COVID-19 cases today.
A wave of pink, yellow and blue shot down the twisty water slide at the Jasper Municipal...
For the first time in about 60 years, Jerome Buening, 82, will miss the Dubois County 4-H Fair.
Where would you go to find Greek and Mexican foods; as well as barbecue, crepes, shaved ice and...
The Dubois County Health Department reported two new COVID-19 cases today.
For Nancy Owens of Holland, opening her own chiropractic clinic has been a longtime dream. Now,...