Meeting: Jasper Park BoardJuly 10, 2019
The Jasper Park Board met Tuesday and:
• Heard from board member Dana Schnarr that the board is continuing to evaluate city parks that could potentially be decommissioned.
• Heard from Jasper Golf Director John Bertges that the Buffalo Trace Golf Course brought in $53,138.06 in June, down just $975 from last year. The course was closed for a stretch of about seven days last month but is now back up and running.
• Heard that the 50th Annual Dubois County Amateur Golf Tournament will take place at Buffalo Trace on Sunday and that the Ruxer Golf Course should reopen this weekend. The driving range should be open “in the next day or two,” Bertges said.
• Heard from Carrie Dick, Older Americans Center director, that upcoming trips include the Tropicana Evansville on Friday and Ellis Park in Henderson, Kentucky, on Friday, Aug. 2.
• Heard from Parks Department Director Ken Buck that the city swimming pool’s revenue is up a few thousand dollars this year when compared to this point in 2018. The facility’s income is currently at $39,813 for the season. According to Herald archives, the pool netted about $65,000 in 2018.
• Approved the purchase of a John Deere brand fairway mower to be used at Buffalo Trace at a cost of $57,758. The new equipment has an expected lifespan of 15 to 20 years, and the mower being replaced is a 2001 model.
• Approved the purchase of a plow attachment for a machine that is used for course maintenance at Buffalo Trace. The attachment costs about $6,500.
• Approved the department’s 2020 budget proposal. The budget includes asphalting the area around all the little league baseball fields at the Jasper Youth Sports Complex and reshaping two fields at the Schroeder Soccer Complex. Other items on the list are: the purchasing of miscellaneous supplies for the Parklands of Jasper; a 1-ton dump truck; a mower and Gator for the Youth Sports Complex; a portable bleacher fixture; playground equipment; playability improvements to the back nine at Buffalo Trace; addressing the damaged Jasper City Mill deck; and more. The proposal will be discussed at the city’s budget hearings on Thursday, Aug. 8.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
As with Veterans Day itself, the numbers associated with World War II infantryman Louis Schmidt...
It’s all over. After countless hours of practice in the blistering heat and freezing cold,...
Bill Pfister continues his long and complicated search for a kidney.
Anderson Peters died Monday at age 16 when his heart gave out due to hypertrophic...
North Park Cinemas, a family owned and operated theater group based in Evansville, has...
When Josh Rivedal of Los Angeles was at his lowest, he discovered he needed to be in service to...
Jasper Community Arts will present a performance by 6 Guitars at 7:30 p.m. Friday at the Jasper...
To his knowledge, Chad Lueken was the only candidate whose kids waved oversized images of his...