Meeting: Jasper Park BoardMarch 13, 2019
The Jasper Park Board met Tuesday and:
• Heard that the blinds have been installed in the Parklands Pavilion and are working well.
• Heard that the pro shop at Buffalo Trace Golf Course has been selling memberships and equipment, but no one has played golf yet this year. Ruxer Golf Course remains closed.
• Heard that the Older Americans Center started offering yoga classes. The classes have been well received.
• Heard that the department will focus on maintenance projects around the Older Americans Center and the playgrounds this year and next year as several facilities are nearing 20 years old.
• Approved purchasing golf carts from Cunningham Golf Car of Louisville, Kentucky, for about $27,300 for 16 golf carts.
• Approved seeking quotes for two front-end mowers for the maintenance department.
• Approved 37 part-time, seasonal employees for the season.
• Heard that while the Parklands is open, the landscaping is not complete. There are still drainage and washout issues to be addressed.
• Discussed putting together a committee to assess parks facilities and look for damage, possible upgrades and usage. The idea came up because many of the facilities are 10 years old or more.
• Approved a contract with Jasper Youth Soccer to use the concession stand at Schroeder Sports Complex during the season.
• Heard that the summer programming booklets are completed and were distributed to local schools.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Dubois County Health Department reported today a third COVID-19-related death in the county.
Zax Creamery — formerly Big Olaf Creamery — is set to launch in a new north side location on...
Heritage Hills High School graduated 138 in the Class of 2020 this month when e-learning came to...
What will summer look like for Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari under the cloud of COVID-19?
Late last week, after a roughly two-month statewide shutdown, fitness facilities received the...
Work to make Sendelweck Curve less curvy will likely start this fall.
The Dubois County Health Department reported today no new COVID-19 cases in the county.
The Lincoln Amphitheatre is rescheduling its 2020 performance series for 2021.