Meeting: Jasper Park BoardMarch 13, 2019
The Jasper Park Board met Tuesday and:
• Heard that the blinds have been installed in the Parklands Pavilion and are working well.
• Heard that the pro shop at Buffalo Trace Golf Course has been selling memberships and equipment, but no one has played golf yet this year. Ruxer Golf Course remains closed.
• Heard that the Older Americans Center started offering yoga classes. The classes have been well received.
• Heard that the department will focus on maintenance projects around the Older Americans Center and the playgrounds this year and next year as several facilities are nearing 20 years old.
• Approved purchasing golf carts from Cunningham Golf Car of Louisville, Kentucky, for about $27,300 for 16 golf carts.
• Approved seeking quotes for two front-end mowers for the maintenance department.
• Approved 37 part-time, seasonal employees for the season.
• Heard that while the Parklands is open, the landscaping is not complete. There are still drainage and washout issues to be addressed.
• Discussed putting together a committee to assess parks facilities and look for damage, possible upgrades and usage. The idea came up because many of the facilities are 10 years old or more.
• Approved a contract with Jasper Youth Soccer to use the concession stand at Schroeder Sports Complex during the season.
• Heard that the summer programming booklets are completed and were distributed to local schools.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The walls of Lucille (Baker) Rudolph’s room at Jasper’s Northwood Retirement Community are...
Unintentionally, the Older Americans Center has become one of Dubois County’s best-kept...
Jasper attorney John Collins clocks in every day knowing he has the ability to make a...
After two years battling stage 4 colorectal cancer, Jasper resident Mary France died in her bed...
A plaque on the east side of the Dubois County Courthouse honors seven Revolutionary War...
Preschool is now more accessible for low-income Indiana families.
Ryan Menke participated in the Navy SEAL Hudson River Swim, the first sanctioned swim across the...
A recent Huntingburg Airport intern created a guidebook for interns and students interested in...