Meeting: Jasper Park BoardMarch 13, 2019
The Jasper Park Board met Tuesday and:
• Heard that the blinds have been installed in the Parklands Pavilion and are working well.
• Heard that the pro shop at Buffalo Trace Golf Course has been selling memberships and equipment, but no one has played golf yet this year. Ruxer Golf Course remains closed.
• Heard that the Older Americans Center started offering yoga classes. The classes have been well received.
• Heard that the department will focus on maintenance projects around the Older Americans Center and the playgrounds this year and next year as several facilities are nearing 20 years old.
• Approved purchasing golf carts from Cunningham Golf Car of Louisville, Kentucky, for about $27,300 for 16 golf carts.
• Approved seeking quotes for two front-end mowers for the maintenance department.
• Approved 37 part-time, seasonal employees for the season.
• Heard that while the Parklands is open, the landscaping is not complete. There are still drainage and washout issues to be addressed.
• Discussed putting together a committee to assess parks facilities and look for damage, possible upgrades and usage. The idea came up because many of the facilities are 10 years old or more.
• Approved a contract with Jasper Youth Soccer to use the concession stand at Schroeder Sports Complex during the season.
• Heard that the summer programming booklets are completed and were distributed to local schools.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
There's more to a team than its players' athletic skills. Area high school athletic teams have...
The Heritage Hills High School Class of 2019 will graduate at 3 p.m. CT Saturday in the Lincoln...
The Northeast Dubois High School Class of 2019 will graduate at 6 p.m. Saturday at Northeast...
When Northeast Dubois High School junior Taylor Neukam set out to write a bilingual book in...
The Jasper High School Class of 2019 will graduate at 6 p.m. Friday at Jasper High School, with...
In 2016, a quad of friends set out on what could be seen as an epic bicentennial journey.
Fallen U.S. military members will be honored Monday on Memorial Day.
The Southridge High School Class of 2019 will graduate at 7 p.m. Friday in Memorial Gym with 139...