Meeting: Jasper Community Arts CommissionSeptember 2, 2020
The Jasper Community Arts Commission met Tuesday and:
• Approved department leadership to reach out to Addison Agen — best known as the first runner-up on NBC's "The Voice" in 2017 — and attempt to schedule an in-person performance that would take place on Friday, Oct. 23.
• Tabled the decision to purchase new computers for arts department staff. The topic will be discussed again at the board's next meeting, which is scheduled to take place on Tuesday, Oct. 6.
• Heard that faulty installation issues with the Jasper Arts Center chiller have left the building muggy and musty. Because that piece of equipment is less than a year old, it is under warranty, and the situation will be fixed.
• Approved the purchase of three cameras that will be used at the Jasper Arts Center. They will be purchased from PTZ Optics Cameras for $1,799.
• Approved the purchase of a Macbook Pro from B&H Photo Video ProAudio. The cost is $1,199.
• Heard that the Krempp Gallery will host the the 27th annnual juried art exhibit in the arts center this month.
• Heard that the Thyen-Clark Cultural Center is set to reach substantial completion on Nov. 16.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Halloween is Saturday and local communities have set their trick-or-treat hours.
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Wednesday 56 new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
Life is returning to senior centers in Dubois County. Both the Older Americans Center in Jasper...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Tuesday 16 new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
Susan "Goose" Tretter Zimmerman has always been a crafty person, even when she was a kid growing...
About five years ago, Taylor Sternberg’s career path shifted from therapy to hair-apy. The...
The Indiana State Department of Health has reported 68 new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County since...
With a set of twins and triplets and six other kids, Adam and Nikkia Anders of Birdseye never...