Meeting: Jasper Community Arts CommissionSeptember 2, 2020
The Jasper Community Arts Commission met Tuesday and:
• Approved department leadership to reach out to Addison Agen — best known as the first runner-up on NBC's "The Voice" in 2017 — and attempt to schedule an in-person performance that would take place on Friday, Oct. 23.
• Tabled the decision to purchase new computers for arts department staff. The topic will be discussed again at the board's next meeting, which is scheduled to take place on Tuesday, Oct. 6.
• Heard that faulty installation issues with the Jasper Arts Center chiller have left the building muggy and musty. Because that piece of equipment is less than a year old, it is under warranty, and the situation will be fixed.
• Approved the purchase of three cameras that will be used at the Jasper Arts Center. They will be purchased from PTZ Optics Cameras for $1,799.
• Approved the purchase of a Macbook Pro from B&H Photo Video ProAudio. The cost is $1,199.
• Heard that the Krempp Gallery will host the the 27th annnual juried art exhibit in the arts center this month.
• Heard that the Thyen-Clark Cultural Center is set to reach substantial completion on Nov. 16.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Four-year-old Charlie Schnarr of Jasper was diagnosed with rhabdomyosarcoma, a rare type of...
Susan Gossett wants more people to be able to go to faraway places right in the comfort of their...
Out of all eight Indiana State Police posts created when ISP was formed in the 1930s, the Jasper...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Friday 44 new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
The Hoosier National Forest seeks information from the public about an area south of Paoli in...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Thursday 50 new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
The Jasper Volunteer Fire Department celebrated its 125th anniversary Wednesday.
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Wednesday 52 new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.