Meeting: Jasper Community Arts CommissionSeptember 2, 2020
The Jasper Community Arts Commission met Tuesday and:
• Approved department leadership to reach out to Addison Agen — best known as the first runner-up on NBC's "The Voice" in 2017 — and attempt to schedule an in-person performance that would take place on Friday, Oct. 23.
• Tabled the decision to purchase new computers for arts department staff. The topic will be discussed again at the board's next meeting, which is scheduled to take place on Tuesday, Oct. 6.
• Heard that faulty installation issues with the Jasper Arts Center chiller have left the building muggy and musty. Because that piece of equipment is less than a year old, it is under warranty, and the situation will be fixed.
• Approved the purchase of three cameras that will be used at the Jasper Arts Center. They will be purchased from PTZ Optics Cameras for $1,799.
• Approved the purchase of a Macbook Pro from B&H Photo Video ProAudio. The cost is $1,199.
• Heard that the Krempp Gallery will host the the 27th annnual juried art exhibit in the arts center this month.
• Heard that the Thyen-Clark Cultural Center is set to reach substantial completion on Nov. 16.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
As a boy, Bob McCarty saw the world through a varied lens. He used the camera lens to display...
Cassie (Gehlhausen) Williams will be Cedar Crest Intermediate School’s principal next school year.
The Indiana State Department of Health reported three new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County on Friday.
Don Lichlyter was known for the dozens of benefits and fundraisers he organized for people...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported one new COVID-19 case in Dubois County on Thursday.
The Indiana State Department of Health reported three new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County on...
The Indiana State Department of Health didn't report any new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County on...
In the two months after the Thyen-Clark Cultural Center opened, the Jasper Community Arts side...