Meeting: Jasper Community Arts CommissionSeptember 2, 2020
The Jasper Community Arts Commission met Tuesday and:
• Approved department leadership to reach out to Addison Agen — best known as the first runner-up on NBC's "The Voice" in 2017 — and attempt to schedule an in-person performance that would take place on Friday, Oct. 23.
• Tabled the decision to purchase new computers for arts department staff. The topic will be discussed again at the board's next meeting, which is scheduled to take place on Tuesday, Oct. 6.
• Heard that faulty installation issues with the Jasper Arts Center chiller have left the building muggy and musty. Because that piece of equipment is less than a year old, it is under warranty, and the situation will be fixed.
• Approved the purchase of three cameras that will be used at the Jasper Arts Center. They will be purchased from PTZ Optics Cameras for $1,799.
• Approved the purchase of a Macbook Pro from B&H Photo Video ProAudio. The cost is $1,199.
• Heard that the Krempp Gallery will host the the 27th annnual juried art exhibit in the arts center this month.
• Heard that the Thyen-Clark Cultural Center is set to reach substantial completion on Nov. 16.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
In just one week, Ryan Menke of Holland will be swimming across the Hudson River.
Out of all eight Indiana State Police posts built when ISP was formed in the 1930s, the Jasper...
Habitat for Humanity of Dubois County announced the selection of the Armstrong family to partner...
Recently, I had to contend with an epic battle between good and evil: To doughnut or not to...
The Dubois County 4-H Fair ran July 12-16 at the Dubois County 4-H Fairgrounds in Bretzville....
Josie Brown contemplated while her horse, Scotty, took a break to chew on some grass. The two...
Indiana Department of Transportation workers have several projects underway in the area.