Meeting: Jasper Community Arts CommissionSeptember 2, 2020
The Jasper Community Arts Commission met Tuesday and:
• Approved department leadership to reach out to Addison Agen — best known as the first runner-up on NBC's "The Voice" in 2017 — and attempt to schedule an in-person performance that would take place on Friday, Oct. 23.
• Tabled the decision to purchase new computers for arts department staff. The topic will be discussed again at the board's next meeting, which is scheduled to take place on Tuesday, Oct. 6.
• Heard that faulty installation issues with the Jasper Arts Center chiller have left the building muggy and musty. Because that piece of equipment is less than a year old, it is under warranty, and the situation will be fixed.
• Approved the purchase of three cameras that will be used at the Jasper Arts Center. They will be purchased from PTZ Optics Cameras for $1,799.
• Approved the purchase of a Macbook Pro from B&H Photo Video ProAudio. The cost is $1,199.
• Heard that the Krempp Gallery will host the the 27th annnual juried art exhibit in the arts center this month.
• Heard that the Thyen-Clark Cultural Center is set to reach substantial completion on Nov. 16.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Indiana State Department of Health has reported 35 new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County since...
Penny, 68, now uses her experiences to encourage women to undergo annual mammogram screenings...
A year ago, seeing a food truck on a street or parking lot in Dubois County was unusual. Now,...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported today 37 new cases of COVID-19 for Dubois County.
Dubois County is now home to a box designed to allow mothers a safe, legal and anonymous way of...
Candidates running for local office shared their insights on local issues during a forum held...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported today 36 new cases of COVID-19 for Dubois County.
No awards, contests or state finals trip. Nearly a week after the Southridge Marching Raider...