Meeting: Jasper Community Arts CommissionAugust 7, 2019
The Jasper Community Arts Commission met Tuesday and:
• Read a letter from Library Director Christine Golden regarding the success of a recent shirt tie-dyeing event hosted collaboratively by the arts department and the Jasper Library. What was supposed to be a one-hour event turned into a three-hour success with more than 200 attendees.
• Heard from Jasper Mayor Dean Vonderheide that the Mayor’s Youth Council is interested in painting a mural on a downtown building. Downtown merchants have expressed a shared interest in bringing a new mural to the area.
• Approved Emily Peak and Corina Mack to attend the Indiana Arts Homecoming event in Indianapolis in October.
• Heard from Arts Director Kyle Rupert that season tickets are still available to the city’s Main Stage Series and Astra Series. Also heard that planning work for the 2020-21 season will begin soon.
• Heard that more than 50 quilts and pieces of fiber art created by the Patoka Valley Quilters Guild will be on display in the Krempp Gallery through Aug. 29.
• Heard about the success of various arts activities and projects, including the painting of murals on nine Ireland dumpsters.
• Heard from City Attorney Renee Kabrick that work on getting the building piers into the ground and stabilizing the soil is pretty much complete at the future site of the Thyen-Clark Cultural Center. “The real hope is that they can get maybe one section of it under roof by wintertime, so that they have a place to work,” Kabrick said. “That’s gonna be aggressive, considering the delays that we endured because of rain. But that’s the goal, so they just keep working. Pushing forward.”
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Dubois County Health Department confirms seven more positive cases of novel coronavirus,...
Celestine Elementary’s Last Year
The Dubois County Health Department confirms two more positive cases of novel coronavirus,...
Of the 169 Dubois County residents who have tested positive for COVID-19, a total of six have...
Three candidates are seeking the Democratic nomination for District 8 U.S. Representative.
Southridge High School graduated 116 in the Class of 2020 last week when e-learning came to an...
Gov. Eric J. Holcomb announced that because health indicators remain positive, most of the state...
The Dubois County Health Department confirms six more positive cases of novel coronavirus,...