Meeting: Jasper Community Arts CommissionJuly 3, 2019
The Jasper Community Arts Commission met Tuesday and:
• Heard that translation is nearly complete on the Spanish version of the 2019-20 Jasper Arts season guide. Five hundred copies will be made available to the community.
• Heard that 73% of season ticket buyers renewed their season pass for the upcoming season. New season ticket passes are currently available to the public and are the fastest way to secure seats, said Arts Director Kyle Rupert.
• Approved the arts department’s 2020 budget request. The detailed budget will be discussed by Jasper Common Council members at the city budget hearings in August.
• Heard that bids for a new chiller at the arts center will be opened at the Board of Public Works & Safety meeting at 8 a.m. on Tuesday in the council chambers at city hall, 610 Main St.
• Heard that work by the Dubois County Art Guild will be on display at the Krempp Gallery throughout the month of July. The gallery opening is set for 5 to 7 p.m. Thursday, July 11.
• Heard that the arts department will host a T-shirt dying activity with the Jasper Public Library at Library Park from 2 to 3 p.m. on Thursday, July 25.
• Approved the arts department to join the library and Dubois County Museum to host five workshops from the beginning of October through April 2020. The workshops will be funded by a $1,500 Crossroads: Change in Rural America grant, and the five programs will focus on genealogical discoveries, craft beer and creative placemaking, creative and culinary arts, Dubois County agriculture as well as “The Year We Left Home,” a book by Indiana author Jean Thompson.
• Heard that the second annual Rock Lotto concert will take place at 7 p.m. on Saturday, July 20, at the Astra Theatre.
• Heard the next commission meeting will take place at 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 6, in the council chambers at city hall.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Indiana State Police Superintendent Douglas G. Carter recently announced the promotion of...
Some were in the military. Others used to drive excavators. One even helped run his family...
At the Dubois County Humane Society, the work is more than walking dogs and playing with cats....
Virlee Gunselman smiled as she walked out the doors of Scenic Hills Care Center for the last...
They used their teacher voices and gave legislators a lesson on the issues facing public education.
It’s official. On July 1, the individual schools that make up the Northeast Dubois County...
Be honest. If someone asked you to spell “delicatessen” or “spontaneity” or...
The Southridge Middle School Spell Bowl team earned State Champion status Saturday at the...