Meeting: Jasper Community Arts CommissionMarch 6, 2019
The Jasper Community Arts Commission met Tuesday and:
• Heard a February recap from Arts Director Kyle Rupert. The Forever Young performance had a fantastic turnout, he said, and magician the Amazing Max’s show brought in the largest crowd at a family event since 2013.
• Also heard from Rupert that pianist and singer Matt Beilis will perform at 7:30 p.m. Friday at the Jasper Arts Center. The performance is sold-out and has a waiting list, so those who have tickets but know they can’t make it or don’t plan on using them are encouraged to return their tickets. On Friday, March 15, The Good Humor Men will bring a night of comedy to the Astra Theatre. Tickets to that performance are still available.
• Approved a contract for a school performance of the play “Twelfth Night” by the National Players on Monday, April 29, at Jasper High School for $2,000.
• Approved the final artists for the arts department’s 2019-20 season. The season schedule will be officially announced in May.
• Approved lowering the student ticket price of shows hosted at the Astra Theatre next season, as well as lowering the cost of a family show.
• Approved Woods Printing Company of Holland to print 5,000 2019-20 season guides at a price of about $3,318. The approved quote also includes 500 guides printed in Spanish.
• Approved the seeking of corporate sponsorships.
• Approved the seeking of quotes to repair cracked sealant joints on the back wall of the Arts Center auditorium. Also approved a request for the seeking of proposals to replace the building’s chiller.
• Heard that area high school and elementary students will have artwork on display and available for purchase throughout the month of March at the Krempp Gallery as part of Youth Art Month. Artwork made by high schoolers will be up until March 13, and artwork made by the elementary students will be on display from March 15 to 29.
• Approved the purchase of Jasper Chalk Walk T-shirts from All Star Sports of Ferdinand.
• Heard that the groundbreaking for the Thyen-Clark Cultural Center has been tentatively set for the evening of Tuesday, April 2.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The county’s local disaster emergency declaration has been extended to Sept. 2, matching the...
Amy Kaetzel and Carmen Brooks will teach the first year of the Southwest Dubois County School...
Design plans for remodeling and expanding the Dubois County Security Center and Dubois County...
According to a Purdue University press release, people across the country are receiving...
The Dubois County Health Department reported today 17 new positive COVID-19 cases.
Kimball International Inc. announced today a new organizational structure to drive market share...
More than 100 people attended the rally, many holding their own signs and wearing shirts that...
The Dubois County Health Department reported today 21 new positive COVID-19 cases.