Meeting: Jasper Community ArtsJuly 8, 2020
The Jasper Community Arts Commission met Tuesday and:
• Was invited to the dedication of the Jasper Mayor’s Youth Leadership Council’s mural. The mural will be dedicated at 8:30 a.m. Saturday. It is located on the side of the Kerstiens Building at 215 Mill St.
• Approved a quote from Ewing Printing of Vincennes for banners that will be displayed at the Jasper Arts Center. The banners will be hung on poles near the building and will promote the arts center.
• Heard of precautions that are in place at the Jasper Arts Center. Actors Community Theatre will perform “Escanaba in Da Moonlight” on the stage July 23-25.
• Heard that the arts department is set to receive $50,000 in grant funding from The National Endowment for the Arts. That organization has recommended the local department receives the funding.
• Approved the department’s 2021 budget proposal. The proposal will be discussed with other department proposals at the city’s annual budget hearings on Tuesday, Aug. 18, and Tuesday, Aug. 25. The first meeting will run from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., at City Hall, 610 Main Street, and the second meeting’s time has not been set.
• Heard that ARTventures classes are continuing online, and two in-person classes will begin next week. The Dubois County Art Guild has art on display at the Krempp Gallery, and applications for the department’s juried art exhibition will be accepted through Friday.
• Heard that one of the first Thyen-Clark Cultural Center’s exhibits will feature the work of John Mellencamp. His artwork will be up for three months, between January and March, in the yet-to-be-opened space.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Four-year-old Charlie Schnarr of Jasper was diagnosed with rhabdomyosarcoma, a rare type of...
Susan Gossett wants more people to be able to go to faraway places right in the comfort of their...
Out of all eight Indiana State Police posts created when ISP was formed in the 1930s, the Jasper...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Friday 44 new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
The Hoosier National Forest seeks information from the public about an area south of Paoli in...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Thursday 50 new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
The Jasper Volunteer Fire Department celebrated its 125th anniversary Wednesday.
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Wednesday 52 new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.