Meeting: Jasper Community ArtsJuly 8, 2020
The Jasper Community Arts Commission met Tuesday and:
• Was invited to the dedication of the Jasper Mayor’s Youth Leadership Council’s mural. The mural will be dedicated at 8:30 a.m. Saturday. It is located on the side of the Kerstiens Building at 215 Mill St.
• Approved a quote from Ewing Printing of Vincennes for banners that will be displayed at the Jasper Arts Center. The banners will be hung on poles near the building and will promote the arts center.
• Heard of precautions that are in place at the Jasper Arts Center. Actors Community Theatre will perform “Escanaba in Da Moonlight” on the stage July 23-25.
• Heard that the arts department is set to receive $50,000 in grant funding from The National Endowment for the Arts. That organization has recommended the local department receives the funding.
• Approved the department’s 2021 budget proposal. The proposal will be discussed with other department proposals at the city’s annual budget hearings on Tuesday, Aug. 18, and Tuesday, Aug. 25. The first meeting will run from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., at City Hall, 610 Main Street, and the second meeting’s time has not been set.
• Heard that ARTventures classes are continuing online, and two in-person classes will begin next week. The Dubois County Art Guild has art on display at the Krempp Gallery, and applications for the department’s juried art exhibition will be accepted through Friday.
• Heard that one of the first Thyen-Clark Cultural Center’s exhibits will feature the work of John Mellencamp. His artwork will be up for three months, between January and March, in the yet-to-be-opened space.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Habitat for Humanity of Dubois County announced the selection of the Armstrong family to partner...
Recently, I had to contend with an epic battle between good and evil: To doughnut or not to...
The Dubois County 4-H Fair ran July 12-16 at the Dubois County 4-H Fairgrounds in Bretzville....
Josie Brown contemplated while her horse, Scotty, took a break to chew on some grass. The two...
Indiana Department of Transportation workers have several projects underway in the area.
Paintings and sculptures depicting community life are being created in a local, but temporary,...
Indiana State Police Superintendent Doug Carter recently announced the promotion of Master...