Meeting: Jasper Community ArtsMay 8, 2019
The Jasper Community Arts Commission met Tuesday and:
• Approved Kyle Rupert to attend the Arts Midwest Conference in Minneapolis from Sept. 4 to 7.
• Heard that the Arts Department hired two summer interns.
• Approved a $2,112 quote from Bramwell-McKay Masonry for work that will cover the stripping and resealing of an expansion joint at the Jasper Arts Center.
• Approved entering a contract with Universal Design, who will generate quote specifications for a new chiller at the arts center. The total cost of the work will not exceed $3,500.
• Approved the purchase of a cyclorama from iWeiss Theatrical Solutions of Fairview, New Jersey, for $1,585.
• Approved a donation from Al Gorman, an artist whose work was on display at the Krempp Gallery in April. The work is a model made valued at $100 and would be sold in the future, if the donation is approved by the Jasper Common Council.
• Heard that the works of a printmaker Alan Pocaro and sculptor Matthew Boonstra will be on display at the Krempp Gallery throughout May.
• Approved the department’s 2019-20 education programs. Performers and programs include 123 Andrés; “The Science of Magic” with artist and musician Bill Blagg; The Mayhem Poets; and a performance of “The Diary of Anne Frank.”
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Despite having a visual impairment that causes her eyes to constantly dance back and forth,...
Springs Valley Bank & Trust Company has donated $50,000 to the Tri-County YMCA’s Reimagine...
Before the season began, some wondered if the Northeast Dubois Marching Jeeps — who have...
Contract negotiations that began in May are ongoing between Memorial Hospital and Health Care...