Meeting: Jasper Community ArtsApril 3, 2019
The Jasper Community Arts Commission met Tuesday and:
• Heard that the 2019-20 season has been confirmed. Season guide work is underway, and a public announcement regarding performers and dates will be made in May.
• Heard that last month was Youth Art Month, and the elementary students’ exhibit’s opening reception brought more than 500 people to the Krempp Gallery.
• Heard that object artists Al Gorman and Wendi Smith will have an opening reception from 5 to 7 p.m. Thursday at the Krempp Gallery. Mike Jones encouraged those who attend the Actors Community Theatre show, The Dinner Party, which begins at 6 p.m. on Thursday, to check out the new artwork on display in the gallery.
• Heard a recap of various offerings held in March, such as a performance by singer-songwriter Matt Beilis, science comedian Doktor Kaboom, comedians The Good Humor Men and more.
• Heard that on April 29, a performance of “A Twelfth Night” will take place at Jasper High School for students.
• Heard that Chalk Walk volunteers are being sought, as are art vendors and food vendors. Volunteers can earn service hours for their work.
• Learned that today is Job Achievement Day at the Jasper Arts Center. Staff members will teach students about the arts industry and what they do on a daily basis.
• Heard that construction of the Thyen-Clark Cultural Center is slated to last between 18 and 20 months. Mayor Dean Vonderheide thanked the board for their work related to the project. A full story regarding the project’s groundbreaking, which took place Tuesday evening, is on Page One.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
There’s more to Young Life than fostering faith. Teens build lifelong relationships with...
We’re still in the thick of spring, but there’s something about the upcoming Old Jasper Day...
Indiana’s Lt. Gov. Suzanne Crouch walked around Market Street Park with Huntingburg Mayor...
The feasibility study on options for expanding the Dubois County Security Center and addressing...
Crossroads Behavioral Health in the former St. Joseph's Hospital building in Huntingburg, will...
St. Joseph Catholic Church’s Father Ray Brenner will celebrate the 50th anniversary of his...
Due to rain amounts less than forecasted, the Louisville District of the U.S. Army Corps of...
News of a change in Indiana education law regarding kindergarten caused confusion earlier this...