Meeting: Jasper Community ArtsFebruary 3, 2021
The Jasper Community Arts Commission met Tuesday and:
• Heard from Arts Director Kyle Rupert that the commission’s revenue was down for the year but it had secured three grants to help with supplies and performances.
• Heard that a Broadway cast reunion event will come later in February, with more details to follow.
• Approved permission for Rupert to seek quotes for the season guide poster.
• Heard from Visual Arts Coordinator Emily Colucci Peak that several art pieces have been bought so far, including six from the John Mellencamp exhibit.
• Heard that the cultural center’s gift shop is almost ready to open.
• Heard that there will be several virtual workshops available for kids beginning at the start of February.
• Approved several old items to be declared as junk.
• Heard from Bryce Conway that there will be a ribbon-cutting ceremony for the cultural center sometime in the spring.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
In just one week, Ryan Menke of Holland will be swimming across the Hudson River.
Out of all eight Indiana State Police posts built when ISP was formed in the 1930s, the Jasper...
Habitat for Humanity of Dubois County announced the selection of the Armstrong family to partner...
Recently, I had to contend with an epic battle between good and evil: To doughnut or not to...
The Dubois County 4-H Fair ran July 12-16 at the Dubois County 4-H Fairgrounds in Bretzville....
Josie Brown contemplated while her horse, Scotty, took a break to chew on some grass. The two...
Indiana Department of Transportation workers have several projects underway in the area.