Meeting: Jasper Community ArtsDecember 2, 2020
The Jasper Community Arts Commission met Tuesday and:
• Heard that there will be a virtual holiday performance on Dec. 12. The performance will be either on Facebook or Vimeo. Arts Director Kyle Rupert said other details about the performance are still being determined.
• Heard an update on the Thyen-Clark Cultural Center. The fence was taken down this week, furniture is starting to be delivered and the donor wall is expected to be installed next week. “Every day we’re getting closer and closer,” said Library Director Christine Golden, who has been an essential member of organizing the center’s opening. The library’s last day at its current location will be Dec. 9.
• Heard that Krempp Gallery will feature David Stratton’s “Landscape Gestures” starting Wednesday. Additionally, Jasper Community Arts will continue to review portfolios for solo and group shows in the cultural center for 2022 until Feb. 12. Submission forms can be downloaded at JasperArts.org. Materials can be emailed to Emily Colucci Peak, the city's visual arts coordinator, at email@example.com or mailed to the Jasper Arts Center.
• Heard that Donna Schepers will teach a virtual cooking class from 5:30 to 7 p.m. on Dec. 9. Register online at jasperarts.corsizio.com.
• Heard that the cultural center’s Jan. 7 grand opening is canceled until further notice. “We would rather people come on their own when they feel safe versus force an event,” Event Coordinator Bryce Conway said. Instead, the center plans to have a soft open and is still determining if tours are possible with COVID-19 precautions. The center is still planning to do a ribbon-cutting in the spring.
• Approved the idea of sending letters to the cultural center’s donors to express appreciation and explain why tours may not be allowed yet. “I don’t think I see our county being in a better situation four or five weeks from now,” Golden said after consulting with Mayor Dean Vonderheide and the Dubois County Health Department. “Realistically, we’re not there at this point.”
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Wednesday two more COVID-19-related deaths in...
Joe Crutchfield, who has been sober for years, has been working for more than a year on starting...
The Dubois County Park Board has considered several matters for the park’s future.
The Dubois County Health Department, in collaboration with the Indiana State Department of...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Tuesday three more COVID-19-related deaths in...
How I Broke This | Ep. 1 | Slaw Shack
The Indiana General Assembly is working on several bills in response to COVID-19’s...
The Indiana State Department of Health has reported since Friday two more COVID-19-related...