Meeting: Jasper Common CouncilJuly 23, 2020
The Jasper Common Council met Wednesday and:
• Approved a request by St. Benedict’s Brew Works for an alcohol permit in the city’s riverfront development district. The council also made a favorable recommendation to the state regarding the restaurant’s permit request. St. Benedict’s will soon open a new location in the Jasper River Centre.
• Approved an ordinance establishing a fund for receiving and returning rental deposits for city facilities.
• Approved a gas contractor license for Cade Sheperd.
• Heard that the city utilities are working to allow credit cards as a payment option for utility bills. A Jasper Utility Service Board resolution will come before that board next month, with a common council ordinance potentially following.
• Heard that the previously discussed ordinance regulating animals in the City of Jasper and providing penalties for violations of such regulations was tabled.
• Discussed potential changes to the city’s ordinance regarding archery. Nothing was approved.
• Heard from Jasper Mayor Dean Vonderheide regarding the spread of COVID-19 in Dubois County. Vonderheide said he supports the governor’s statewide mask mandate that starts Monday.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Holland Community Festival returns this weekend with a new theme that’s so straightforward...
The 2021 Huntingburg Herbstfest Miss and Pre-Teen Miss Queen Pageants are set for Sunday, Sept....
Country legend John Conlee (Mr. Rose Colored Glasses), a regular performer at the Grand Ole Opry...
Opening the Corolla’s door, I hesitated before planting my flip-flopped feet firmly onto the...
Twenty years ago today, our nation was transformed forever.
Dubois County Coroner Katie Schuck was victorious in the Aug. 28 Guns and Hoses boxing match in...
After significant flooding Aug. 30, the Northeast Dubois Intermediate School gym is closed for...
Dale Fall Fest Queen Grace Mangan and her court will greet visitors to this weekend’s festival.