Meeting: Jasper Common CouncilJuly 23, 2020
The Jasper Common Council met Wednesday and:
• Approved a request by St. Benedict’s Brew Works for an alcohol permit in the city’s riverfront development district. The council also made a favorable recommendation to the state regarding the restaurant’s permit request. St. Benedict’s will soon open a new location in the Jasper River Centre.
• Approved an ordinance establishing a fund for receiving and returning rental deposits for city facilities.
• Approved a gas contractor license for Cade Sheperd.
• Heard that the city utilities are working to allow credit cards as a payment option for utility bills. A Jasper Utility Service Board resolution will come before that board next month, with a common council ordinance potentially following.
• Heard that the previously discussed ordinance regulating animals in the City of Jasper and providing penalties for violations of such regulations was tabled.
• Discussed potential changes to the city’s ordinance regarding archery. Nothing was approved.
• Heard from Jasper Mayor Dean Vonderheide regarding the spread of COVID-19 in Dubois County. Vonderheide said he supports the governor’s statewide mask mandate that starts Monday.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Friday eight new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
This is the last school year Mark Jahn will be principal of Cedar Crest Intermediate School.
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Thursday another COVID-19-related death in...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Wednesday seven new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Tuesday six new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
Tom Schmitt sat in his pickup Wednesday, far away from the construction workers, watching the...
The Indiana State Department of Health has reported since Friday 20 new COVID-19 cases in Dubois...
As Kyle Gudorf and Lance Reynolds searched for their next great catch, the bowfishermen learned...