Meeting: Jasper Common CouncilJuly 23, 2020
The Jasper Common Council met Wednesday and:
• Approved a request by St. Benedict’s Brew Works for an alcohol permit in the city’s riverfront development district. The council also made a favorable recommendation to the state regarding the restaurant’s permit request. St. Benedict’s will soon open a new location in the Jasper River Centre.
• Approved an ordinance establishing a fund for receiving and returning rental deposits for city facilities.
• Approved a gas contractor license for Cade Sheperd.
• Heard that the city utilities are working to allow credit cards as a payment option for utility bills. A Jasper Utility Service Board resolution will come before that board next month, with a common council ordinance potentially following.
• Heard that the previously discussed ordinance regulating animals in the City of Jasper and providing penalties for violations of such regulations was tabled.
• Discussed potential changes to the city’s ordinance regarding archery. Nothing was approved.
• Heard from Jasper Mayor Dean Vonderheide regarding the spread of COVID-19 in Dubois County. Vonderheide said he supports the governor’s statewide mask mandate that starts Monday.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The old Sternberg Furniture building, which has been dim and empty for the past few years, was...
After a year of being shut down due to COVID-19, the Spirit of Jasper train is set to run again...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Wednesday another COVID-19-related death in...
Miss Ohio Valley Priscilla Olson, 22, of Ireland will compete next week in Zionsville for the...
Parents, guardians and babysitters, have no fear — summer in Dubois County is going to be full...
Jasper Community Arts is presenting the artwork of installation artist Kristina Arnold for the...
“How’s your ankle?” she says, demonstrating her daily concern about my wicked ankle twist.
The Huntingburg Public Library, which is almost 100 years old, is due for some improvements.