Meeting: Jasper Common CouncilJune 18, 2020
The Jasper Common Council met Wednesday and:
• Tabled a proposed ordinance change concerned with the regulating of animals in the city and providing penalties for violations.
• Approved an ordinance establishing electronic information fees for when someone requests a copy of police body camera footage. The charge is $150.
• Heard that the city’s annual budget hearings will take place on Tuesday, Aug. 18, and Tuesday, Aug. 25. The first meeting will run from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m., at City Hall, 610 Main Street, and the second meeting’s time has not been set.
• Approved a resolution amending the economic development plan for the city’s central area economic development area, and approving the order of the Jasper Plan Commission. The commission recently approved a list of supplemental projects that could take place either within that area or could serve that area. The final confirmatory resolution will be made by the Jasper Redevelopment Commission.
• Approved a gas contractor’s license for Randolfe Guerra.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The crisp air and colorful leaves of fall bring our favorite traditions of the season.
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Friday 38 new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
Those who celebrate Christmas have debated for decades over the ideal time to decorate. Some say...
Steve Schwinghamer will be Huntingburg’s new leader. He was elected mayor by a caucus of...
State Sen. Erin Houchin, R-Salem, has been named 2020 Legislator of the Year by The Arc of...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Thursday another COVID-19 death in Dubois...
Former Herald reporter Allen Laman reflects on his time in Dubois County.
The Huntingburg Park Board has concerns about the park and street departments merging into one...