Meeting: Jasper Common CouncilMarch 19, 2020
The Jasper Common Council met Wednesday and:
• Approved an ordinance appropriating an additional $150,000 to the city’s transportation and finance plans. The funds will come out of the river boat fund.
• Approved a resolution regarding the declaration of a local disaster emergency. The resolution extended Jasper Mayor Dean Vonderheide’s executive order that currently suspends utility disconnections in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. The order was set to expire on Tuesday, but will continue through one day after the next Jasper Common Council meeting, which will be held on Wednesday, April 22. The mayor does have the authority to terminate the moratorium sooner than that, if he were to decide to make that move.
• Approved a gas contractor’s license application from Kent Buechler.
• Heard that this month’s council meeting agenda was trimmed down to only necessary business. For the foreseeable future, the city will operate according to guidelines released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, government officials and other agencies.
• Heard that Vonderheide and Huntingburg Mayor Denny Spinner will host a joint Facebook Live broadcast at 3 p.m. on Friday to discuss this week in review, including an update on COVID-19.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Balancing work while parenting in the time of coronavirus
The Dubois County Health Department is accepting donations of homemade face masks and other...
In this age of social distancing due to COVID-19, social media is helping to fill in the human...
Memorial Hospital and Health Care Center has a plan for COVID-19, and has been working daily to...
Jasper Engines and Transmissions has converted one of its racing trailers into an alternate...
Tammy Lampert knows that Dubois County residents love to see old buildings repurposed and given...
Really, the process of distilling spirits and making hand sanitizer isn’t so different.
The Dubois County Health Department is advising parents to enforce social distancing with their...