Meeting: Jasper Common CouncilMarch 19, 2020
The Jasper Common Council met Wednesday and:
• Approved an ordinance appropriating an additional $150,000 to the city’s transportation and finance plans. The funds will come out of the river boat fund.
• Approved a resolution regarding the declaration of a local disaster emergency. The resolution extended Jasper Mayor Dean Vonderheide’s executive order that currently suspends utility disconnections in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. The order was set to expire on Tuesday, but will continue through one day after the next Jasper Common Council meeting, which will be held on Wednesday, April 22. The mayor does have the authority to terminate the moratorium sooner than that, if he were to decide to make that move.
• Approved a gas contractor’s license application from Kent Buechler.
• Heard that this month’s council meeting agenda was trimmed down to only necessary business. For the foreseeable future, the city will operate according to guidelines released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, government officials and other agencies.
• Heard that Vonderheide and Huntingburg Mayor Denny Spinner will host a joint Facebook Live broadcast at 3 p.m. on Friday to discuss this week in review, including an update on COVID-19.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Indiana State Department of Health has reported since Friday 20 new COVID-19 cases in Dubois...
As Kyle Gudorf and Lance Reynolds searched for their next great catch, the bowfishermen learned...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Friday five new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Thursday nine new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
Becky Hickman has always enjoyed helping people succeed by connecting them to resources.
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Wednesday eight new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Tuesday five new COVID-19 deaths in Dubois...
A Birdseye man was flown to an Evansville hospital with a head injury after his pickup truck...