Meeting Jasper Common CouncilJanuary 16, 2020
The Jasper Common Council met Wednesday and:
• Approved an ordinance that compiles most of the violations in the city’s code book into one section. Violations are ranked by class A, B, C and D to make them more uniform and easy for the public to find in the code, City Attorney Renee Kabrick explained. The only violations not yet included are for parking tickets. More time is needed to make that process and language more efficient, she said.
• Encumbered funds from the 2019 budget and put them in the 2020 budget. That is done each year because some projects funded in 2019 will have to be paid for in 2020, Clerk-Treasurer Allen Seifert said.
• Approved an ordinance to increase the fee for contractors making cuts in city-owned pavement, not including sidewalks and driveways. The new fee is $7.92 per square feet; if the city has to come back and repair because of things like improper backfill, it will cost the contractor $3.67 per square feet.
• Granted a gas permit request from Richard Johnson of Johnson’s Plumbing.
• Approved the annual conflict of interest statement for Electric Distribution Manager Jerry Schitter, who also sits on the Indiana Municipal Power Agency board.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Indiana State Department of Health has reported 83 new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County since...
The crisp air and colorful leaves of fall bring our favorite traditions of the season.
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Friday 38 new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
Those who celebrate Christmas have debated for decades over the ideal time to decorate. Some say...
Steve Schwinghamer will be Huntingburg’s new leader. He was elected mayor by a caucus of...
State Sen. Erin Houchin, R-Salem, has been named 2020 Legislator of the Year by The Arc of...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Thursday another COVID-19 death in Dubois...
Former Herald reporter Allen Laman reflects on his time in Dubois County.