Meeting Jasper Common CouncilJanuary 16, 2020
The Jasper Common Council met Wednesday and:
• Approved an ordinance that compiles most of the violations in the city’s code book into one section. Violations are ranked by class A, B, C and D to make them more uniform and easy for the public to find in the code, City Attorney Renee Kabrick explained. The only violations not yet included are for parking tickets. More time is needed to make that process and language more efficient, she said.
• Encumbered funds from the 2019 budget and put them in the 2020 budget. That is done each year because some projects funded in 2019 will have to be paid for in 2020, Clerk-Treasurer Allen Seifert said.
• Approved an ordinance to increase the fee for contractors making cuts in city-owned pavement, not including sidewalks and driveways. The new fee is $7.92 per square feet; if the city has to come back and repair because of things like improper backfill, it will cost the contractor $3.67 per square feet.
• Granted a gas permit request from Richard Johnson of Johnson’s Plumbing.
• Approved the annual conflict of interest statement for Electric Distribution Manager Jerry Schitter, who also sits on the Indiana Municipal Power Agency board.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Dubois County Engineer Brent Wendholt has been named Engineer of the Year by the Association of...
The Dubois County Health Department reported today three new positive cases of COVID-19.
Indiana State Police Superintendent Douglas Carter has announced the promotion of Senior Trooper...
The Dubois County Health Department reported today 24 new positive cases of COVID-19.
Joslyn Mehringer doesn’t remember every step of her winding journey. But how could she? It...
The Dubois County Health Department reported today six new positive cases of COVID-19.
The declining student enrollment, the revenue shortfall, the lack of necessary resources. At a...
The Dubois County Health Department reported Thursday seven new positive cases of COVID-19.