Meeting: Jasper Common CouncilOctober 24, 2019
The Jasper Common Council met Wednesday and:
• Heard a Utility Service Board report from Bud Hauersperger. Quotes were opened and tentatively approved for a loader backhoe, large diameter sewer cleaning and inspection and a digester roof replacement. The board agreed to fund part of a project that will make the city’s website compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act, and approved a recommendation to put up no-trespassing signs under the Third Avenue Bridge and at the Beaver Lake spillway, among other purchases and approvals.
• Approved the appropriations for the 2020 budget. Also approved the advertised property rate of 1.1099 — though, the actual rate could end up being lower. The advertised rate for the 2019 budget was 1.0722, and the actual rate is 0.8589.
• Approved the maximum pay rates for civil city and utility employee positions for 2020. Maximum pay rates for civil city and city utilities employees will include a 2% increase.
• Held a public hearing concerning an ordinance for the proposed additional appropriation of $50,000 in the EDIT fund for sidewalk improvements along Newton Street. That appropriation was then approved.
• Approved an ordinance prohibiting trespassing on the Beaver Creek Lake dam spillway, as well as on or near the Patoka River dam spillway located near the Third Avenue bridge.
• Approved an ordinance authorizing a five-year loan from the electric department to the water department for the balance of the UV project. The ordinance is a refinance of the 2014 five-year loan for the project.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
In the morning of a historic day set in the middle of a pandemic, Misty McDonald hugged her...
Stamps received his medical degree and completed his residency at Indiana University School of...
Six years ago today, Huntingburg was named a Stellar Community. A grand opening was held today...
The Dubois County Health Department reported today the county's 13th death related to COVID-19.
Mark Messmer, chairman of the Dubois County Republican Party, filed the challenge Monday evening...
Of the county’s 729 cases, 535 have recovered and 13 deaths have been reported. A total of...
Like many summer festivals before it, the Holland Community Festival will look a little...
Twenty-five years into a career that has tasked Eric Schuetter with helping groom Buffalo Trace...