Meeting: Jasper Common CouncilOctober 24, 2019
The Jasper Common Council met Wednesday and:
• Heard a Utility Service Board report from Bud Hauersperger. Quotes were opened and tentatively approved for a loader backhoe, large diameter sewer cleaning and inspection and a digester roof replacement. The board agreed to fund part of a project that will make the city’s website compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act, and approved a recommendation to put up no-trespassing signs under the Third Avenue Bridge and at the Beaver Lake spillway, among other purchases and approvals.
• Approved the appropriations for the 2020 budget. Also approved the advertised property rate of 1.1099 — though, the actual rate could end up being lower. The advertised rate for the 2019 budget was 1.0722, and the actual rate is 0.8589.
• Approved the maximum pay rates for civil city and utility employee positions for 2020. Maximum pay rates for civil city and city utilities employees will include a 2% increase.
• Held a public hearing concerning an ordinance for the proposed additional appropriation of $50,000 in the EDIT fund for sidewalk improvements along Newton Street. That appropriation was then approved.
• Approved an ordinance prohibiting trespassing on the Beaver Creek Lake dam spillway, as well as on or near the Patoka River dam spillway located near the Third Avenue bridge.
• Approved an ordinance authorizing a five-year loan from the electric department to the water department for the balance of the UV project. The ordinance is a refinance of the 2014 five-year loan for the project.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
A photo essay exploring diversity among Generation Z in Dubois and surrounding counties.
In the last 50 years, what began as a part-time gig for Thermwood CEO Ken Susnjara while he...
The double-nickel age is just days away. Fifty-five. That’s old.
Next weekend, Actors Community Theatre will bring "These Shining Lives" to life.
Wade Pierce believes there’s a beer out there for everybody. Perhaps you haven’t found your...
This weekend marks the third weekend of November, and in Ferdinand that means the Olde World is...
This is your chance to say you knew them before they were famous. Their journey started at Dance...
This semester, 28 students are enrolled in the Career Advancement Partnership program at...