Meeting: Jasper Common CouncilOctober 24, 2019
The Jasper Common Council met Wednesday and:
• Heard a Utility Service Board report from Bud Hauersperger. Quotes were opened and tentatively approved for a loader backhoe, large diameter sewer cleaning and inspection and a digester roof replacement. The board agreed to fund part of a project that will make the city’s website compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act, and approved a recommendation to put up no-trespassing signs under the Third Avenue Bridge and at the Beaver Lake spillway, among other purchases and approvals.
• Approved the appropriations for the 2020 budget. Also approved the advertised property rate of 1.1099 — though, the actual rate could end up being lower. The advertised rate for the 2019 budget was 1.0722, and the actual rate is 0.8589.
• Approved the maximum pay rates for civil city and utility employee positions for 2020. Maximum pay rates for civil city and city utilities employees will include a 2% increase.
• Held a public hearing concerning an ordinance for the proposed additional appropriation of $50,000 in the EDIT fund for sidewalk improvements along Newton Street. That appropriation was then approved.
• Approved an ordinance prohibiting trespassing on the Beaver Creek Lake dam spillway, as well as on or near the Patoka River dam spillway located near the Third Avenue bridge.
• Approved an ordinance authorizing a five-year loan from the electric department to the water department for the balance of the UV project. The ordinance is a refinance of the 2014 five-year loan for the project.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Priests in training, monks and other volunteers provide firewood for families that need it most.
Many organizations in the area help others enjoy the holidays or need help with fundraising and...
Expanding the Dubois County’s jail facility and possibly other departments in the justice...
A local ice cream shop will soon have a new home.
It was a holly, jolly evening at the OFS Brands headquarters in Huntingburg Wednesday evening.
The steps Br. Martin Erspamer takes to create his art are straightforward. The underlying...
Santa’s chief elf and one of Santa Claus’ beloved matriarchs will be on "The Kelly Clarkson...
The last several weeks of work on the Thyen-Clark Cultural Center can be summed up in one word:...