Meeting: Jasper Common CouncilMay 24, 2019
The Jasper Common Council met Wednesday and:
• Heard reports from General Manager of Utilities Bud Hauersperger and Dubois Strong President Ed Cole.
• Held a public hearing on fund appropriations for the Community Crossings grant match for road work on 12th Avenue and part of a stormwater project.
• Approved appropriating $50,000 from the stormwater management fund for storm sewer projects.
• Approved appropriating $300,000 to match the Community Crossings grant from the Indiana Department of Transportation. The funds will be used for work on 12th Avenue, and the total cost is $516,875.
• Approved appropriating $25,000 from the economic development income tax fund for police body cameras. The purchase still needs approval from the Jasper Board of Public Works and Safety.
• Approved an ordinance correcting the legal description in the Rolling Hills annexation fiscal plan.
• Approved the donation of a sculpture titled “Moon Kissed Crooner” from Albertus Gorman to the Jasper Community Arts Commission.
• Approved an ordinance designating an area on 30th Street as an economic development revitalization area as part of the process for a tax abatement. Kerstiens Home and Design is seeking a tax abatement to build Phase 1 of Park Place Estates, which will be an apartment complex on 30th Street. Phase 1 includes three 10-unit apartment buildings and a community room.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
This year is the Dubois County Park’s 50th anniversary — five decades of providing a...
Holland, Ferdinand and Lincoln Trail elementaries were all named a 2019 National Blue Ribbon School.
The Southridge Marching Raider Band’s color guard program has been a highlight of the group...
Ferdinand’s 18th Street Park will once again transform into a medieval land this weekend for...
Jasper High School freshmen Jane Franklin and Madison Kinder both love to bake. To them, a...
The individual schools in the Northeast Dubois County School Corporation could all have new...
Years ago, Paul Daily lived life much like an untrained horse. He bucked. He kicked. He...
Forest Park High School sophomore Wyatt Fleck plunged a pickaxe into the ground near the...