Meeting: Jasper Common CouncilMay 24, 2019
The Jasper Common Council met Wednesday and:
• Heard reports from General Manager of Utilities Bud Hauersperger and Dubois Strong President Ed Cole.
• Held a public hearing on fund appropriations for the Community Crossings grant match for road work on 12th Avenue and part of a stormwater project.
• Approved appropriating $50,000 from the stormwater management fund for storm sewer projects.
• Approved appropriating $300,000 to match the Community Crossings grant from the Indiana Department of Transportation. The funds will be used for work on 12th Avenue, and the total cost is $516,875.
• Approved appropriating $25,000 from the economic development income tax fund for police body cameras. The purchase still needs approval from the Jasper Board of Public Works and Safety.
• Approved an ordinance correcting the legal description in the Rolling Hills annexation fiscal plan.
• Approved the donation of a sculpture titled “Moon Kissed Crooner” from Albertus Gorman to the Jasper Community Arts Commission.
• Approved an ordinance designating an area on 30th Street as an economic development revitalization area as part of the process for a tax abatement. Kerstiens Home and Design is seeking a tax abatement to build Phase 1 of Park Place Estates, which will be an apartment complex on 30th Street. Phase 1 includes three 10-unit apartment buildings and a community room.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Many are familiar with the motorcycle gang archetype — rugged outlaws prone to violence. In...
Construction Manager Pat Gress has about 500 photos on his phone chronicling the construction of...
Jose Dubon has announced his plan to run on the Republican ticket for the Huntingburg Common...
No sex, no drugs, no race-relations and no politics. When Clint Hall of Huntingburg tells jokes,...
The end of summer is already in sight but organizers of this weekend’s 29th annual St. Anthony...
Dunkin' has plans to open a store in the former Orange Leaf building in Jasper, according to a...
Longtime Main Street barber Leo Wahl has officially passed the reins of his storied barbershop...
The first ever Locking Arms for Suicide Awareness benefit is at 6 p.m. Saturday at Venue 1408,...