Meeting: Jasper Common CouncilMarch 21, 2019
The Jasper Common Council met Wednesday and:
• Held a public hearing regarding the increase of the city water utility rates and charges. No comments were made. The ordinance regarding the rate increase was then approved and will go into effect with the city’s May bills.
• Approved Indiana Furniture Industries Inc.’s compliance with the statement of benefits form for real property tax abatement and for personal property tax abatement.
• Held a public hearing regarding the appropriations for the street department’s rock bucket purchase and the balance of grinding costs. No comments were made. An ordinance approving the appropriations was then approved.
• Appointed Phil Mundy to the Redevelopment Commission for the remainder of 2019. Mundy will replace John Bell, who resigned.
• Approved an ordinance amending the stormwater runoff control ordinance for changes dictated by the Indiana Department of Environmental Management.
• Approved a favorable recommendation from the Jasper Plan Commission regarding a proposal to amend the text of the city’s unified development ordinance. The changed language is related to vehicles used as signs and electronic variable message signs. The proposal passed in a 4-3 vote.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Cars roared to life at the Dubois County 4-H Fairgrounds Saturday evening in time for the 29th...
For one week every summer, members of 4-H clubs from across Dubois County descend on the...
A Pub 'N' Grub is coming soon to 514 N. Jackson Street, the former location of 514 and Yaggi's.
When 4-H youth graduate, they go off to different places across the world in a number of...
Fifty years ago, before Neil Armstrong took his legendary small step toward a big future, Mike...
Zach Troxal dug into the crumbled dirt beneath him, carving out a hole deep enough for him to...
It was in the land of livestock, crafts, cooking, science, robotics and so much more where Lisa...
There are a handful of moments in history that transcend. When they happen, where we were and...