Meeting: Jasper Common CouncilMarch 21, 2019
The Jasper Common Council met Wednesday and:
• Held a public hearing regarding the increase of the city water utility rates and charges. No comments were made. The ordinance regarding the rate increase was then approved and will go into effect with the city’s May bills.
• Approved Indiana Furniture Industries Inc.’s compliance with the statement of benefits form for real property tax abatement and for personal property tax abatement.
• Held a public hearing regarding the appropriations for the street department’s rock bucket purchase and the balance of grinding costs. No comments were made. An ordinance approving the appropriations was then approved.
• Appointed Phil Mundy to the Redevelopment Commission for the remainder of 2019. Mundy will replace John Bell, who resigned.
• Approved an ordinance amending the stormwater runoff control ordinance for changes dictated by the Indiana Department of Environmental Management.
• Approved a favorable recommendation from the Jasper Plan Commission regarding a proposal to amend the text of the city’s unified development ordinance. The changed language is related to vehicles used as signs and electronic variable message signs. The proposal passed in a 4-3 vote.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Jasper’s Courthouse Square is receiving a facelift.
School staff directed traffic at Pine Ridge Elementary Thursday morning as cars poured into the...
Joyce Martin wanted one more ride. Horses have surrounded the 82-year-old woman her entire life....
U.S. Sen. Mike Braun was the featured speaker at the Dubois Strong annual meeting Thursday.
When and how the Mid-States Corridor will be completed after the initial study on the project is...
Tuesday evening, Dr. Arthur Provisor spoke at the Dubois County Leukemia Association’s annual...
When Pine Ridge Elementary preschool teacher Marilyn Stevens, 32, takes her class outside in the...
This is a story so wacky that you, the reader, might find yourself rereading lines from it over...