Meeting: Jasper Common CouncilMarch 21, 2019
The Jasper Common Council met Wednesday and:
• Held a public hearing regarding the increase of the city water utility rates and charges. No comments were made. The ordinance regarding the rate increase was then approved and will go into effect with the city’s May bills.
• Approved Indiana Furniture Industries Inc.’s compliance with the statement of benefits form for real property tax abatement and for personal property tax abatement.
• Held a public hearing regarding the appropriations for the street department’s rock bucket purchase and the balance of grinding costs. No comments were made. An ordinance approving the appropriations was then approved.
• Appointed Phil Mundy to the Redevelopment Commission for the remainder of 2019. Mundy will replace John Bell, who resigned.
• Approved an ordinance amending the stormwater runoff control ordinance for changes dictated by the Indiana Department of Environmental Management.
• Approved a favorable recommendation from the Jasper Plan Commission regarding a proposal to amend the text of the city’s unified development ordinance. The changed language is related to vehicles used as signs and electronic variable message signs. The proposal passed in a 4-3 vote.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Dubois County Health Department reported today three new positive COVID-19 cases.
Was it a sign? The way this year has been going, should we be surprised that a Jasper creek...
Burgess and Courtney Heberer founded Santa Claus Exterior Cleaning after they discovered a new...
The Dubois County Health Department reported today 12 new positive COVID-19 cases.
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues, local artisans are stocking up on elastic and fabrics while...
The county’s local disaster emergency declaration has been extended to Sept. 2, matching the...
Amy Kaetzel and Carmen Brooks will teach the first year of the Southwest Dubois County School...
Design plans for remodeling and expanding the Dubois County Security Center and Dubois County...