Meeting: Jasper Common CouncilMarch 21, 2019
The Jasper Common Council met Wednesday and:
• Held a public hearing regarding the increase of the city water utility rates and charges. No comments were made. The ordinance regarding the rate increase was then approved and will go into effect with the city’s May bills.
• Approved Indiana Furniture Industries Inc.’s compliance with the statement of benefits form for real property tax abatement and for personal property tax abatement.
• Held a public hearing regarding the appropriations for the street department’s rock bucket purchase and the balance of grinding costs. No comments were made. An ordinance approving the appropriations was then approved.
• Appointed Phil Mundy to the Redevelopment Commission for the remainder of 2019. Mundy will replace John Bell, who resigned.
• Approved an ordinance amending the stormwater runoff control ordinance for changes dictated by the Indiana Department of Environmental Management.
• Approved a favorable recommendation from the Jasper Plan Commission regarding a proposal to amend the text of the city’s unified development ordinance. The changed language is related to vehicles used as signs and electronic variable message signs. The proposal passed in a 4-3 vote.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Virlee Gunselman smiled as she walked out the doors of Scenic Hills Care Center for the last...
They used their teacher voices and gave legislators a lesson on the issues facing public education.
It’s official. On July 1, the individual schools that make up the Northeast Dubois County...
Be honest. If someone asked you to spell “delicatessen” or “spontaneity” or...
The Southridge Middle School Spell Bowl team earned State Champion status Saturday at the...