Meeting: Jasper Common CouncilFebruary 21, 2019
The Jasper Common Council met Wednesday and:
• Approved an ordinance authorizing a $3.5 million line of credit to be in place for the funding of the Thyen-Clark Cultural Center, pending receipt of tax credits for the project, which will bring the Jasper Public Library and Jasper Community Arts under one roof at the corner of Third and Mill streets. Financing must be in place to cover the city’s portion of the costs while awaiting the tax credits.
• Approved an ordinance creating Economic Development Income Tax Revenue Funds for the cultural center project.
• Held a public hearing for and approved the appropriation of the $3.5 million line of credit for the Thyen-Clark Cultural Center.
• Held a public hearing for and approved the appropriation of $180,000 from the Riverboat Fund for the city’s portion of the Hoosier desk site purchased for the cultural center.
• Heard a Utility Service Board report from Bud Hauersperger, general manager of utilities.
• Approved the first reading of an ordinance enacting a 12 percent water rate increase for city water customers. The increase would start on the May bill. The second and final reading of the ordinance will be at the council’s next meeting, set for 7 p.m. Wednesday, March 20, at City Hall, 610 Main St.
• Adopted a resolution approving the purchase of one-half of the cultural center property from the library.
• Adopted a resolution accepting the donation of artwork to Jasper Community Arts.
• Heard from Mayor Dean Vonderheide that the groundbreaking for the Thyen-Clark Cultural Center has been tentatively set for 5:30 p.m. Tuesday, April 2, at the site located at Third and Mill street.
• Heard from Vonderheide that the Fairfield Inn and Suites hotel, which is part of the River Centre development, will open on April 19.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
For one week every summer, members of 4-H clubs from across Dubois County descend on the...
A Pub 'N' Grub is coming soon to 514 N. Jackson Street, the former location of 514 and Yaggi's.
Fifty years ago, before Neil Armstrong took his legendary small step toward a big future, Mike...
Zach Troxal dug into the crumbled dirt beneath him, carving out a hole deep enough for him to...
It was in the land of livestock, crafts, cooking, science, robotics and so much more where Lisa...
There are a handful of moments in history that transcend. When they happen, where we were and...
Drivers coming into Ireland from the west side will likely notice the new artwork that now...
Indiana State Police Superintendent Douglas G. Carter has promoted Sgt. Robbie Lambert to Jasper...