Meeting: Jasper Common CouncilJanuary 24, 2019
The Jasper Common Council met Wednesday and:
• Approved the Dubois County multi-hazard federal mitigation plan. The Dubois County Emergency Management Agency oversees the plan, and having it makes it easier to receive government help if a disaster occurs.
• Withdrew an ordinance regarding the speed limit on Portersville Road that would have potentially made the limit on the road a consistent 25 miles per hour from 36th Street to the city’s corporate boundary. It will be revisited once the new Jasper Elementary School is built.
• Approved changes to the salary ordinance that will change the pay frequency for council members from quarterly to weekly. Their pay will remain the same.
• Reappointed Kevin Manley as president pro tempore. He will preside over the council when Mayor Dean Vonderheide is absent.
• Appointed Nona Baker to replace Mayor Dean Vonderheide on the Jasper Public Library Board. She will serve a four-year term.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
A plaque on the east side of the Dubois County Courthouse honors seven Revolutionary War...
Preschool is now more accessible for low-income Indiana families.
Ryan Menke participated in the Navy SEAL Hudson River Swim, the first sanctioned swim across the...
A recent Huntingburg Airport intern created a guidebook for interns and students interested in...
Many are familiar with the motorcycle gang archetype — rugged outlaws prone to violence. In...
Construction Manager Pat Gress has about 500 photos on his phone chronicling the construction of...
Jose Dubon has announced his plan to run on the Republican ticket for the Huntingburg Common...
No sex, no drugs, no race-relations and no politics. When Clint Hall of Huntingburg tells jokes,...