Meeting: Jasper Common CouncilJanuary 24, 2019
The Jasper Common Council met Wednesday and:
• Approved the Dubois County multi-hazard federal mitigation plan. The Dubois County Emergency Management Agency oversees the plan, and having it makes it easier to receive government help if a disaster occurs.
• Withdrew an ordinance regarding the speed limit on Portersville Road that would have potentially made the limit on the road a consistent 25 miles per hour from 36th Street to the city’s corporate boundary. It will be revisited once the new Jasper Elementary School is built.
• Approved changes to the salary ordinance that will change the pay frequency for council members from quarterly to weekly. Their pay will remain the same.
• Reappointed Kevin Manley as president pro tempore. He will preside over the council when Mayor Dean Vonderheide is absent.
• Appointed Nona Baker to replace Mayor Dean Vonderheide on the Jasper Public Library Board. She will serve a four-year term.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The last several weeks of work on the Thyen-Clark Cultural Center can be summed up in one word:...
As Dubois County Habitat for Humanity is planning the dedication of its newest home, it has set...
Sickbert was chosen out of an applicant pool of 83 candidates from all four high schools in...
At a national level, Builders Club aims to engage students ages 11 to 14 in service and...
While Christmas tree farms close across the state, the Scherles are pushing ahead.
The owners of Linda’s Nails have a lot of experience in the nail business.
Nestled in a dimly lit, cozy room on the second floor of the J. Herman building in Ferdinand,...
Eugene DeMotte is glad he served 20 years in the U.S. Army. But it wasn’t easy. There was a...