Meeting: Jasper Common CouncilJanuary 24, 2019
The Jasper Common Council met Wednesday and:
• Approved the Dubois County multi-hazard federal mitigation plan. The Dubois County Emergency Management Agency oversees the plan, and having it makes it easier to receive government help if a disaster occurs.
• Withdrew an ordinance regarding the speed limit on Portersville Road that would have potentially made the limit on the road a consistent 25 miles per hour from 36th Street to the city’s corporate boundary. It will be revisited once the new Jasper Elementary School is built.
• Approved changes to the salary ordinance that will change the pay frequency for council members from quarterly to weekly. Their pay will remain the same.
• Reappointed Kevin Manley as president pro tempore. He will preside over the council when Mayor Dean Vonderheide is absent.
• Appointed Nona Baker to replace Mayor Dean Vonderheide on the Jasper Public Library Board. She will serve a four-year term.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Dubois County Health Department reported today five new positive cases of COVID-19.
Dubois County Engineer Brent Wendholt has been named Engineer of the Year by the Association of...
The Dubois County Health Department reported today three new positive cases of COVID-19.
Indiana State Police Superintendent Douglas Carter has announced the promotion of Senior Trooper...
The Dubois County Health Department reported today 24 new positive cases of COVID-19.
Joslyn Mehringer doesn’t remember every step of her winding journey. But how could she? It...
The Dubois County Health Department reported today six new positive cases of COVID-19.
The declining student enrollment, the revenue shortfall, the lack of necessary resources. At a...