Meeting: Jasper Common CouncilDecember 20, 2018
The Jasper Common Council met Wednesday and:
• Thanked Mayor Terry Seitz for his seven years as leader of the city. Council members praised him for pushing the city forward and his passionate leadership style, and also wished him luck in his new position with U.S. Senator-elect Mike Braun. They also awarded him a key to the city. A feature story about Seitz is on Page One.
• Held and approved the first reading of an ordinance that authorized a line of credit for the Thyen-Clark Cultural Center. Also approved the first reading of an ordinance regarding the establishment of economic development income tax revenue funds for the same project.
• Approved a gas contractor license for Michael Berg of Berg Mechanical.
• Accepted restricted-use donations for the school resource officer program. In the future, the intended use for the money is to fund a school resource officer vehicle.
• Discussed an ordinance change that would make the speed limit on Portersville Road a consistent 25 miles per hour from 36th Street to the city’s corporate boundary. The change was tabled.
• Discussed and approved ordinances that addressed a portion of Royal Street between Kellerville Drive and Margaret Street — which was recently vacated and is now privately owned by Kimball International. The no-parking areas, stop sign, and right-turn-only restriction on the portion of the street were removed because it is no longer a public street.
• Approved updates to the city ordinance regarding the bonding of city officials.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Patoka Lake reached the spillway elevation of 548 feet as of noon today.
Heavy pockets of rain continued to dampen Dubois County this morning, as water levels at Patoka...
For 15-year-old Thalia Hernandez of Jasper, her quinceañera was filled with moments to remember.
A grant application seeking money to build a new fire station in Birdseye received what amounted...
Due to Sunday evening's rain and heavy rain over the past several months, Patoka Lake will...
Sports car clubs from across Kentucky and Southern Indiana came together in Jasper on Saturday...
At an age when most women decide to retire from the sport, Joanie Mundy of Huntingburg decided...
Recently, I came to terms with the fact that I am a son who’ll never be as successful as his...