Meeting: Jasper Board of Zoning AppealsJune 4, 2020
The Jasper Board of Zoning Appeals met Wednesday and:
• Approved a variance allowing the construction of a detached two-car garage, within the property setback requirement, at 985 N. Evergreen Drive. That property is zoned rural-residential.
• Denied a special exception request that would have allowed a child day care to increase its capacity at the home located at 702 Church Ave. That property is zoned single-family residential.
• Approved two variances in relation to the discussed future Dubois County justice center project. The first allowed the center to maintain parking along the right of way along Brucke Strasse, and the second permitted the proposed judicial center building to be located within 40 feet of the front yard setback along Brucke Strasse.
• Approved a special exception to allow a tattoo business at 708 Main St., across the street from German American Bank.
• Approved moving the board’s July 1 meeting to Wednesday, July 8.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Dubois County Health Department reported no new COVID-19 cases today.
Following monthslong fermatas, the collective steps and sounds of marching bands are filling...
The Dubois County Health Department reported 15 new cases of COVID-19 in the county Tuesday —...
I watched “Jaws.” Again. It’s my summer tradition; every summer is my summer of the shark.
Organized by Dubois County Youth Livestock Supporters Inc., the 2020 Dubois County Youth...
The Dubois County Health Department reported today 15 new COVID-19 cases.
The courts are starting up jury trials again. But doing that safely might mean holding them...
After a year of closure while construction crews built a walking trail around the lake, Old Town...