Meeting: Jasper Board of Public Works and SafetyDecember 23, 2019
The Jasper Board of Public Works and Safety met Monday and:
• Approved the Jasper High School Cross Country Booster Club to host its seventh annual Wildcat Runaway 5K race and walk. The event is a fundraiser for the team, and will be held in the area of the high school at 9 a.m. on Saturday, April 11.
• Approved junking a 15-year-old police department copier. Also approved junking another old copier that was discovered in the basement of city hall and hasn’t been used in years.
• Approved entering a financial contract with Kansas State Bank, in regard to the police department’s body camera program. Last week, the Jasper Common Council approved paying for the program in full upfront as opposed to over a 5-year period — a move that will save the city between $8,000 and $12,000.
• Approved a $16,268.85 change order on the completed 12th Avenue road reconstruction project. A couple of ramps took more work than anticipated to make them compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act, additional work was required around shallow utilities and surface asphalt work was extended further than originally planned. The total contract amount was $500,733.75 and was funded by Community Crossings program dollars and EDIT funds.
• Approved reappointing Dan Buck to the Jasper Plan Commission.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
As both postman and family man, Matt Lorey delivers.
A Jasper man received one of the state’s highest honors on Thursday night.
Shirley J. Ray believes we need to learn every day. As the first-ever director of the Dubois...
Work to add campsites, extend trails and build a restroom/information building could start at...
A one-room schoolhouse that educated generations of Dubois County residents has finally come...
A bill that is moving through the Indiana Senate would extend the statute of limitations for...
Indiana Department of Natural Resources Conservation Officer Ryan McIntyre, who is assigned to...
Suspended about 2 feet above the ground, Erin Rauscher of Yes Power Yoga and her students flew...