Meeting: Jasper Board of Public Works and SafetySeptember 11, 2018
The Jasper Board of Public Works and Safety met Tuesday and:
• Approved street closures and impedances for the first section of the Jasper waterline improvement project. The first section of the project will take place from near the “Y” intersection to near the downtown Square. Construction and installation of the first section is estimated to take 43 days and will begin in late September or early October.
• Approved Jasper Engines and Transmissions to host a 5K walk and run on Oct. 27. The 5K will start on Power Drive and loop back to the JET Power Drive facility. Part of the route is on county roads and will need to be approved by the Dubois County Council.
• Approved Young Masonry to utilize parking spaces in front of Hoosier Business Machines on Main Street to complete work at the business sometime this month or next month.
• Approved the hiring of Denise Burger as a probationary telecommunicator with the Jasper Police Department.
• Approved Crisis Connection to hold a Will Read and Sing For Food Event on Oct. 18 at the pavilion at The Parklands. WRASFF is a local traveling music and comedy troupe with rotating members that raises money for area organizations and charities.
• Authorized the traffic safety committee to investigate the necessity of installing a hidden driveway sign for homes on County Road 400 West.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
There's more to a team than its players' athletic skills. Area high school athletic teams have...
The Heritage Hills High School Class of 2019 will graduate at 3 p.m. CT Saturday in the Lincoln...
The Northeast Dubois High School Class of 2019 will graduate at 6 p.m. Saturday at Northeast...
When Northeast Dubois High School junior Taylor Neukam set out to write a bilingual book in...
The Jasper High School Class of 2019 will graduate at 6 p.m. Friday at Jasper High School, with...
In 2016, a quad of friends set out on what could be seen as an epic bicentennial journey.
Fallen U.S. military members will be honored Monday on Memorial Day.
The Southridge High School Class of 2019 will graduate at 7 p.m. Friday in Memorial Gym with 139...