Meeting: Jasper Board of Public Works and SafetyAugust 15, 2018
The Jasper Board of Public Works and Safety met Tuesday and:
• Approved a street closing for the annual Indiana State School Music Association Scholastic Prelims high school band contest held at Jerry Brewer Alumni Stadium. This year, it will be held Saturday, Oct. 6. Second Street will be closed between Clay Street and the parking lot of the Dubois-Pike Federal Credit Union from roughly 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
• Approved the Jasper Jaycees to host a Kids Bash at Jaycee Park on Saturday, Sept. 22. The event is free, and all proceeds from donations will go to the Jasper Classroom Teachers Association. The Greater Downtown Jasper Business Association was also approved to use the downtown Square for the 25th annual Kids Day on the same day from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Streets will remain open to traffic during the event.
• Accepted the resignation of Jasper Police Department Officer Caleb Lindeman. The board also granted Police Chief Nathan Schmitt permission to begin the hiring process to fill the open position.
• Approved an agreement with Taft Stettinius & Hollister, an Indianapolis law firm that will represent the city in an opioid lawsuit against manufacturers and distributors of opioids.
• Witnessed JPD Sgt. Adam Bower be recognized for his support of Dakota Foote, a department officer who also serves in the National Guard. Bower received the Patriot Award, which reflects the efforts made to support citizen soldiers through a wide range of measures, from a representative with the Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
School staff directed traffic at Pine Ridge Elementary Thursday morning as cars poured into the...
Joyce Martin wanted one more ride. Horses have surrounded the 82-year-old woman her entire life....
U.S. Sen. Mike Braun was the featured speaker at the Dubois Strong annual meeting Thursday.
When and how the Mid-States Corridor will be completed after the initial study on the project is...
Tuesday evening, Dr. Arthur Provisor spoke at the Dubois County Leukemia Association’s annual...
When Pine Ridge Elementary preschool teacher Marilyn Stevens, 32, takes her class outside in the...
This is a story so wacky that you, the reader, might find yourself rereading lines from it over...
The Northeast Dubois School Board approved moving forward with a renovation to Northeast Dubois...