Meeting: Jasper Board of Public Works and SafetyFebruary 13, 2018
The Jasper Board of Public Works and Safety met today and:
• Approved offering a conditional offer of employment to five new Jasper Volunteer Fire Department firefighters, effective March 12.
• Approved Holy Trinity Catholic School to hold the annual Cardboard Boat Regatta on Saturday, Aug. 11, at Dave Buehler Plaza on the Riverwalk.
• Approved the Jasper Community Arts Commission to hold its annual Chalk Walk on Saturday, June 2, on the Courthouse Square. The rain date is Saturday, June 9. Streets in the Courthouse Square will be closed for the event.
• Approved Patoka 2000 to use Dave Buehler Plaza for the Riverwalk Concert Series this summer. The concerts are free and open to the public.
• Approved a conflict of interest statement for board member Nancy Eckerle, who is also the executive director of the Jasper Chamber of Commerce.
• Approved Southwestern Indiana Child Advocacy Center Coalition to use Jasper Jaycee Park for the Prevent Child Abuse Kids Fest on Wednesday, April 25.
• Approved Connections Deaf Center to hold the annual Deaf Awareness Picnic at Dave Buehler Plaza on Saturday, Sept. 8.
• Approved closing 13th Street between Vine and Leopold streets again this week for work on the Vine Street Lofts project.
• Approved closing Cobblestone Road between St. Charles and 20th streets on and off for two weeks for a storm sewer replacement project.
• Approved the street department to seek quotes for a front loader compact tractor and a pick-up truck. Both are in the 2018 budget.
• Approved signing the Community Crossings grant agreement with the Indiana Department of Transportation for a road improvement grant the city received last year.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
A lifetime of musical aspirations boiled down to less than a minute of singing for the...
Backed by more than $2 million in grant funding from the Indiana Department of Transportation...
Dubois Elementary second-grade teacher Maureen Luebbehusen, 62, still remembers when she decided...
Next Act Inc, the nonprofit organization that owns and operates the historic Astra Theatre in...
More than 40 hardy souls participated Sunday in the eighth Plunge for Dubois County, earning...
A survey about the future of Northeast Dubois Schools went live Friday.
When we find our true love, too often, we fail to recognize it until it’s gone. But, on...
The Jasper Public Library Board took several actions to move the Thyen-Clark Cultural Center...