Meeting: Jasper Board of Public Works and SafetyFebruary 13, 2018
The Jasper Board of Public Works and Safety met today and:
• Approved offering a conditional offer of employment to five new Jasper Volunteer Fire Department firefighters, effective March 12.
• Approved Holy Trinity Catholic School to hold the annual Cardboard Boat Regatta on Saturday, Aug. 11, at Dave Buehler Plaza on the Riverwalk.
• Approved the Jasper Community Arts Commission to hold its annual Chalk Walk on Saturday, June 2, on the Courthouse Square. The rain date is Saturday, June 9. Streets in the Courthouse Square will be closed for the event.
• Approved Patoka 2000 to use Dave Buehler Plaza for the Riverwalk Concert Series this summer. The concerts are free and open to the public.
• Approved a conflict of interest statement for board member Nancy Eckerle, who is also the executive director of the Jasper Chamber of Commerce.
• Approved Southwestern Indiana Child Advocacy Center Coalition to use Jasper Jaycee Park for the Prevent Child Abuse Kids Fest on Wednesday, April 25.
• Approved Connections Deaf Center to hold the annual Deaf Awareness Picnic at Dave Buehler Plaza on Saturday, Sept. 8.
• Approved closing 13th Street between Vine and Leopold streets again this week for work on the Vine Street Lofts project.
• Approved closing Cobblestone Road between St. Charles and 20th streets on and off for two weeks for a storm sewer replacement project.
• Approved the street department to seek quotes for a front loader compact tractor and a pick-up truck. Both are in the 2018 budget.
• Approved signing the Community Crossings grant agreement with the Indiana Department of Transportation for a road improvement grant the city received last year.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
When Louis Nino of Huntingburg took her 4-H projects to the 2018 Indiana State Fair in...
The Arts Council of Southwestern Indiana has honored Next Act Inc. with its Performing Arts...
Kim Messmer of Jasper was honored with the Rotary Club of Jasper’s Athena International...
In Breanne Rainey’s third grade classroom at Holland Elementary School, students can choose...
A lot of emotions can come with the first day of school for all involved — students, parents,...
The Jerry Seger family received the AgriVision Award Thursday at the Indiana State Fair.
Sean Brescher of Jasper was awarded one of the top overall prizes in the state's recent...
Cohen Werne of Jasper harvested the largest turkey in the state this past hunting season in...