Meeting: Jasper Board of Public WorksJune 8, 2021
The Jasper Board of Public Works and Safety met Tuesday and:
• Opened a bid for road microsurfacing that was taken under advisement.
• Opened bids for a new fire truck that were taken under advisement.
• Approved the vacation of a no parking on Jackson Street in front of the Jasper Pub ‘N’ Grub and designated a loading/unloading zone on Sixth Street on the back side of the restaurant.
• Approved parking/street closures from July 23 through Aug. 8 for Strassenfest, which will take place Aug. 5-8, with the stipulation that Strassenfest organizers reach out to coordinate with the Thyen-Clark Cultural Center on some of the parking closures.
• Discussed how to address unimproved alleys throughout the city.
• Approved the removal of a pulse oximeter from the fire department’s inventory.
• Approved road closures on West 15th Street, 350 West near Shiloh Church of Jasper, Cobblestone Road just south of Schuetter Road and part of Kathy Lane.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Indiana Department of Transportation workers have several projects underway in the area.
Paintings and sculptures depicting community life are being created in a local, but temporary,...
Indiana State Police Superintendent Doug Carter recently announced the promotion of Master...
Demolition of the former Ditto Sales building at the Y-intersection of U.S. 231 and State Road...
Indiana State Police Superintendent Doug Carter has announced the promotion of Master Trooper...
On an otherwise quiet Saturday afternoon on the Dubois County Courthouse Square, a group of...
Rose Ann (Haas) and the late Charlie Glendening were presented with the Celestine Distinguished...
A new officer has been added to the Huntingburg Police Department.