Meeting: Jasper Board of Public WorksOctober 27, 2020
The Jasper Board of Public Works and Safety met Tuesday and:
• Opened quotes for new dispatch radio control consoles. Advanced Radio Communications of Huntingburg submitted a net quote for $138,641.92 and ERS Wireless of Evansville submitted a net quote of $199,000. The bids were taken under advisement until the board’s next meeting, which is set to take place at 8 a.m. on Tuesday, Nov. 10, at City Hall, 610 Main St.
• Approved the Deer Creek neighborhood to host a Halloween parade from 4 to 5 p.m. on Saturday. The parade is a private event. Kids will march through the neighborhood and neighbors will throw candy when they walk by. Gregory and Hannah lanes will be closed during the event.
• Approved purchasing three 2021 Dodge Durangos from Washington Chrysler Center at a total cost of $91,225. Three older vehicles will be traded in as part of the purchase.
• Approved amending a previously approved fire department request. The board approved a type of ladder truck testing at a price tag of $1,080.
• Heard that the Jasper Volunteer Fire Department has been giving away carbon monoxide detectors and still has some to give out. The detectors are being distributed to residents, not landlords. The devices last for 10 years.
• Approved a change order for additional grading and seeding work on a street project on 34th Street. The total change order amount is $1,137.
• Approved purchasing a 2.5-ton dump truck from Sternberg International of Jasper at a cost of $136,404.48.
• Approved purchasing a street department air compressor at a price of $11,510 from Air Systems LLC of Lousiville, Kentucky.
• Heard that the city will host a virtual open house for the city’s transportation plan. The open houses will take place at 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. on Nov. 10. Learn more here.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Holland Community Festival returns this weekend with a new theme that’s so straightforward...
The 2021 Huntingburg Herbstfest Miss and Pre-Teen Miss Queen Pageants are set for Sunday, Sept....
Country legend John Conlee (Mr. Rose Colored Glasses), a regular performer at the Grand Ole Opry...
Opening the Corolla’s door, I hesitated before planting my flip-flopped feet firmly onto the...
Twenty years ago today, our nation was transformed forever.
Dubois County Coroner Katie Schuck was victorious in the Aug. 28 Guns and Hoses boxing match in...
After significant flooding Aug. 30, the Northeast Dubois Intermediate School gym is closed for...
Dale Fall Fest Queen Grace Mangan and her court will greet visitors to this weekend’s festival.