Meeting: Jasper Board of Public WorksJuly 28, 2020
The Jasper Board of Public Works and Safety met Tuesday and:
• Approved a conditional offer of employment to a new dispatcher, Elisabeth Sarkine. Her start day is Monday, Aug. 10.
• Heard of a weed letter sent to an empty residence that is owned by a trust. The city street department recently mowed the property.
• Approved a road closure at 25th Street and Cathy Lane for a storm sewer pipe replacement. The work could take up to five days and will take place following the concrete replacement project currently ongoing in that area.
• Approved a Cisco SMARTnet agreement. The cost is shared with the city utilities, and the civil city will pay $2,765.73.
• Heard from Jasper Mayor Dean Vonderheide in regard to the statewide facial covering mandate that went into effect on Monday. Vonderheide said that if the ongoing spike in positive cases in Dubois County isn’t turned around, “we will have to take more severe action.” He said the local spike is “unbelievable,” “embarrassing” and that the county has “a lot of room for improvement.” The governor’s mandate applies when Hoosiers are inside businesses, public buildings, other indoor places open to the public and outdoor public spaces where social distancing cannot be maintained.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The crisp air and colorful leaves of fall bring our favorite traditions of the season.
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Friday 38 new COVID-19 cases in Dubois County.
Those who celebrate Christmas have debated for decades over the ideal time to decorate. Some say...
Steve Schwinghamer will be Huntingburg’s new leader. He was elected mayor by a caucus of...
State Sen. Erin Houchin, R-Salem, has been named 2020 Legislator of the Year by The Arc of...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Thursday another COVID-19 death in Dubois...
Former Herald reporter Allen Laman reflects on his time in Dubois County.
The Huntingburg Park Board has concerns about the park and street departments merging into one...