Meeting: Jasper Board of Public WorksMay 26, 2020
The Jasper Board of Public Works and Safety met Tuesday and:
• Opened a bid for a project that will remove and replace concrete road along Cathy Lane. The lone bid was received from RiverTown Construction of Newburgh and came in at $149,854. It was accepted. The board also approved the closure of the road to through traffic, east of Terry Lane and north of 25th Street, for approximately 45 days during the project, which is set to begin “hopefully within a couple weeks,” said City Engineer Chad Hurm.
• Heard that the Red, White and Brauen Music Fest has been moved from mid-June to Saturday, Aug. 22. The country music festival will take place in a field near Uebelhor Toyota on the city’s south side. The board approved city assistance, including permission to use the Jasper Youth Sports Complex parking lot and Jasper Police Department services, for the private event. It would be good to go if Gov. Eric Holcomb’s “Back on Track Indiana” plan progresses to its final stage on Independence Day. Organizers stressed that safety guidelines will be followed at the festival, which could host as many as 8,000 attendees.
• Approved junking eight obsolete police-car cameras.
• Heard Fire Chief Kenny Hochgesang read off 24 weed letters for properties across the city.
• Approved permission to seek quotes for a new thermal imaging camera for the Jasper Volunteer Fire Department. The department applied for and received a $6,800 grant for the piece of equipment.
• Approved revisions to the closures of streets near their intersections with Newton Street for a storm sewer project. That three-phase project will take place on Newton Street from Eighth Street to Ninth Street during the first week of June.
• Approved removing two desks from the city’s asset list and putting them up for sale at the city auction, which will take place on Saturday, June 20.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Tuesday another COVID-19-related death in Dubois...
Disinger Jewelers is back in business with a new owner.
In the two months Steve Schwinghamer has been mayor of Huntingburg, he has been working on...
The Jasper Strassenfest Committee has selected a theme and Hofmarschall for the 2021...
The Indiana State Department of Health has reported since Friday another COVID-19-related death...
The Southwest Dubois County School Board approved spending up to $5.5 million on renovations in...
The Indiana State Department of Health reported Friday another COVID-19-related death in Dubois...
The Dubois County Health Department is working diligently to prevent further spread of COVID-19...