Meeting: Jasper Board of Public WorksMay 26, 2020
The Jasper Board of Public Works and Safety met Tuesday and:
• Opened a bid for a project that will remove and replace concrete road along Cathy Lane. The lone bid was received from RiverTown Construction of Newburgh and came in at $149,854. It was accepted. The board also approved the closure of the road to through traffic, east of Terry Lane and north of 25th Street, for approximately 45 days during the project, which is set to begin “hopefully within a couple weeks,” said City Engineer Chad Hurm.
• Heard that the Red, White and Brauen Music Fest has been moved from mid-June to Saturday, Aug. 22. The country music festival will take place in a field near Uebelhor Toyota on the city’s south side. The board approved city assistance, including permission to use the Jasper Youth Sports Complex parking lot and Jasper Police Department services, for the private event. It would be good to go if Gov. Eric Holcomb’s “Back on Track Indiana” plan progresses to its final stage on Independence Day. Organizers stressed that safety guidelines will be followed at the festival, which could host as many as 8,000 attendees.
• Approved junking eight obsolete police-car cameras.
• Heard Fire Chief Kenny Hochgesang read off 24 weed letters for properties across the city.
• Approved permission to seek quotes for a new thermal imaging camera for the Jasper Volunteer Fire Department. The department applied for and received a $6,800 grant for the piece of equipment.
• Approved revisions to the closures of streets near their intersections with Newton Street for a storm sewer project. That three-phase project will take place on Newton Street from Eighth Street to Ninth Street during the first week of June.
• Approved removing two desks from the city’s asset list and putting them up for sale at the city auction, which will take place on Saturday, June 20.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Indiana Department of Transportation workers have several projects underway in the area.
Paintings and sculptures depicting community life are being created in a local, but temporary,...
Indiana State Police Superintendent Doug Carter recently announced the promotion of Master...
Demolition of the former Ditto Sales building at the Y-intersection of U.S. 231 and State Road...
Indiana State Police Superintendent Doug Carter has announced the promotion of Master Trooper...
On an otherwise quiet Saturday afternoon on the Dubois County Courthouse Square, a group of...
Rose Ann (Haas) and the late Charlie Glendening were presented with the Celestine Distinguished...