Meeting: Jasper Board of Public WorksSeptember 25, 2019
The Jasper Board of Public Works and Safety met Tuesday and:
• Approved Pub ‘N’ Grub on Jackson Street to block off two parking spaces and the sidewalk on in front of building for a delivery of trusses. Dates will be provided when they know when delivery is expected.
• Approved County Clerk Amy Kippenbrock to reserve a parking space in front of the Courthouse Annex for early voting, which is Oct. 8 to Nov. 4.
• Approved the 10th annual Dubois County Special Olympics 5K Run and Walk to take place at 8 a.m. on Saturday, April 4, 2020.
• Approved dedication of public infrastructure for Jasper Manor.
• Heard of Dereck Ackerman’s retirement from the Jasper Volunteer Fire Department and thanked him for his 20 years of service.
• Approved the entering into an IT assessment contract with Keller-Schroeder. The cost of the study will be split with the city utilities. The study will examine the city’s systems and IT staffing needs. It will also include systems, network and security assessments.
• Approved a road closure on 15th Street between Cherry Street and Kellerville Road. The closure dates have yet to be determined.
• Gave approval for Jeff Theising, Scott Eckerle, and Bob Sunderman to attend the Indiana Street Commissioner Association Conference from Sept. 23 to 26 in Plymouth.
• Approved the closure of St. Charles Street in front of Hedinger Beverage, 950 S. St. Charles St., for concrete removal and base asphalt placement. The work will be done during the first week of October and will take five to seven days to complete.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Holiday World & Splashin’ Safari’s newest marquee attraction is the first of its kind — a...
The county's plan for reopening will follow the state's plan.
The Dubois County Health Department reported today one new COVID-19 case.
A little bowtie-clad hamster named Harry Hugger is here to teach children about the COVID-19...
Dubois County Democratic Chairman Mike Kendall said he still stands behind Mikayla Granados’...
The Dubois County Health Department today reported no new COVID-19 cases.
In just under a year, the Tri-County YMCA in Ferdinand will be 50% larger. It held a...
The Dubois County Health Department reported today two new COVID-19 cases.