Meeting: Jasper Board of Public WorksSeptember 25, 2019
The Jasper Board of Public Works and Safety met Tuesday and:
• Approved Pub ‘N’ Grub on Jackson Street to block off two parking spaces and the sidewalk on in front of building for a delivery of trusses. Dates will be provided when they know when delivery is expected.
• Approved County Clerk Amy Kippenbrock to reserve a parking space in front of the Courthouse Annex for early voting, which is Oct. 8 to Nov. 4.
• Approved the 10th annual Dubois County Special Olympics 5K Run and Walk to take place at 8 a.m. on Saturday, April 4, 2020.
• Approved dedication of public infrastructure for Jasper Manor.
• Heard of Dereck Ackerman’s retirement from the Jasper Volunteer Fire Department and thanked him for his 20 years of service.
• Approved the entering into an IT assessment contract with Keller-Schroeder. The cost of the study will be split with the city utilities. The study will examine the city’s systems and IT staffing needs. It will also include systems, network and security assessments.
• Approved a road closure on 15th Street between Cherry Street and Kellerville Road. The closure dates have yet to be determined.
• Gave approval for Jeff Theising, Scott Eckerle, and Bob Sunderman to attend the Indiana Street Commissioner Association Conference from Sept. 23 to 26 in Plymouth.
• Approved the closure of St. Charles Street in front of Hedinger Beverage, 950 S. St. Charles St., for concrete removal and base asphalt placement. The work will be done during the first week of October and will take five to seven days to complete.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
When Jerry Hunefeld joined the Dubois County Council in 1974, he had no idea what the job...
This year is the Dubois County Park’s 50th anniversary — five decades of providing a...
Holland, Ferdinand and Lincoln Trail elementaries were all named a 2019 National Blue Ribbon School.
The Southridge Marching Raider Band’s color guard program has been a highlight of the group...
Ferdinand’s 18th Street Park will once again transform into a medieval land this weekend for...
Jasper High School freshmen Jane Franklin and Madison Kinder both love to bake. To them, a...
The individual schools in the Northeast Dubois County School Corporation could all have new...
Years ago, Paul Daily lived life much like an untrained horse. He bucked. He kicked. He...