Meeting: Jasper Board of Public WorksJune 25, 2019
The Jasper Board of Public Works and Safety met Tuesday and:
• Approved Young Masonry to block off part of the sidewalk and a few parking spaces on Fifth Street for two weeks while working at Bromm Accounting at 112 W. Fifth St. The work will begin Monday, July 1.
• Approved Strasse Pops, a local food vendor, to sell popsicles at the Riverwalk, the Parklands of Jasper and Central Green. The popsicles are made with organic ingredients and are as locally sourced as possible. They will be sold from a tricycle cart that will set up shop at the parks.
• Approved the placement of a dumpster in front of a home on West Eighth Street for two to seven days while the homeowner completes work inside.
• Accepted the retirement of Lt. Mark Tedrow on July 17. Also approved the releasing of Tedrow’s service weapon to him after he retires.
• Approved the police department to enter a five-year contract with body camera company BodyWorn by UTILITY. The contract will cost $46,660 each year, following a 30-day trial period.
• Opened and approved bids for two new school resource officer vehicles, pending a spec review. Bids were opened for a car and a truck. The low bid for the truck was a Ram 1500 and came from Sternberg Chrysler Center and was $26,244. The low bid for the car was a 2020 Mustang GT from Ruxer Ford at a cost of $32,167.20. The funds for both vehicles came through private donations.
• Approved the resignation of firefighter Landon Boehm and gave Fire Chief Kenny Hochgesang permission to start the hiring process.
• Approved the purchasing of a 2020 model dump truck and plow for the street department at a cost of $142,928.36 from Sternberg International.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
A plaque on the east side of the Dubois County Courthouse honors seven Revolutionary War...
Preschool is now more accessible for low-income Indiana families.
Ryan Menke participated in the Navy SEAL Hudson River Swim, the first sanctioned swim across the...
A recent Huntingburg Airport intern created a guidebook for interns and students interested in...
Many are familiar with the motorcycle gang archetype — rugged outlaws prone to violence. In...
Construction Manager Pat Gress has about 500 photos on his phone chronicling the construction of...
Jose Dubon has announced his plan to run on the Republican ticket for the Huntingburg Common...
No sex, no drugs, no race-relations and no politics. When Clint Hall of Huntingburg tells jokes,...