Meeting: Jasper Board of Public WorksJanuary 22, 2019
The Jasper Board of Public Works and Safety met Tuesday and:
• Approved a property owner to complete the grading of the front yard of her home on Main Street, near the intersection with 13th Street. Street parking spots at 1304 Main St. will be blocked for a couple days in the near future.
• Approved New Life Church to have a family festival at Schroeder Soccer Complex on June 8.
• Approved the Child Advocacy Center to use Jaycee Park on April 24 for the Prevent Child Abuse Kids’ Festival.
• Approved Anderson Woods Summer Camp to host the 13th annual Sips, Samples & Songs at the Dave Buehler Plaza and surrounding shelter houses on Sept. 7.
• Approved Jasper resident Don Mendel of Connections Deaf Centers to organize the ninth annual Deaf Awareness Picnic at the Dave Buehler Plaza, gazebo and shelter houses on Sept. 14.
• Declined all bids received for a school resource officer vehicle due to lack of funds. Also approved the police department to seek bids for two new police cars. Those cars are expenses budgeted by the department and have different specifications than the school resource officer vehicle.
• Approved the purchasing of six, new, in-car laptop computers for police vehicles at a cost of $6,063. Those devices, too, were budgeted for purchasing this year. Also approved the purchasing of ammunition at various prices per case and type of ammo.
• Approved a new school resource officer agreement with the Greater Jasper Consolidated Schools, on the same terms as current School Resource Officer Jason Knies. Those agreements both run through the end of the school year.
• Heard a new police officer will be sworn in Wednesday before the Jasper Common Council meeting. That meeting will take place at 7 p.m. in the council chambers at City Hall, 610 Main St. The new officer will be sworn in at 6:30 p.m.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
Many are familiar with the motorcycle gang archetype — rugged outlaws prone to violence. In...
Construction Manager Pat Gress has about 500 photos on his phone chronicling the construction of...
Jose Dubon has announced his plan to run on the Republican ticket for the Huntingburg Common...
No sex, no drugs, no race-relations and no politics. When Clint Hall of Huntingburg tells jokes,...
The end of summer is already in sight but organizers of this weekend’s 29th annual St. Anthony...
Dunkin' has plans to open a store in the former Orange Leaf building in Jasper, according to a...
Longtime Main Street barber Leo Wahl has officially passed the reins of his storied barbershop...
The first ever Locking Arms for Suicide Awareness benefit is at 6 p.m. Saturday at Venue 1408,...