Meeting: Jasper Board of Public WorksJanuary 22, 2019
The Jasper Board of Public Works and Safety met Tuesday and:
• Approved a property owner to complete the grading of the front yard of her home on Main Street, near the intersection with 13th Street. Street parking spots at 1304 Main St. will be blocked for a couple days in the near future.
• Approved New Life Church to have a family festival at Schroeder Soccer Complex on June 8.
• Approved the Child Advocacy Center to use Jaycee Park on April 24 for the Prevent Child Abuse Kids’ Festival.
• Approved Anderson Woods Summer Camp to host the 13th annual Sips, Samples & Songs at the Dave Buehler Plaza and surrounding shelter houses on Sept. 7.
• Approved Jasper resident Don Mendel of Connections Deaf Centers to organize the ninth annual Deaf Awareness Picnic at the Dave Buehler Plaza, gazebo and shelter houses on Sept. 14.
• Declined all bids received for a school resource officer vehicle due to lack of funds. Also approved the police department to seek bids for two new police cars. Those cars are expenses budgeted by the department and have different specifications than the school resource officer vehicle.
• Approved the purchasing of six, new, in-car laptop computers for police vehicles at a cost of $6,063. Those devices, too, were budgeted for purchasing this year. Also approved the purchasing of ammunition at various prices per case and type of ammo.
• Approved a new school resource officer agreement with the Greater Jasper Consolidated Schools, on the same terms as current School Resource Officer Jason Knies. Those agreements both run through the end of the school year.
• Heard a new police officer will be sworn in Wednesday before the Jasper Common Council meeting. That meeting will take place at 7 p.m. in the council chambers at City Hall, 610 Main St. The new officer will be sworn in at 6:30 p.m.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
What’s a typical day like for Brenda Dotterweich, kitchen manager at the Dubois County...
St. Vincent StatFlight will relocate its Evansville-based aircraft to the Huntingburg Airport by...
At this week’s Greater Jasper Consolidated Schools board meeting, the board approved the...
When the career and technical education students at Forest Park Junior-Senior High School...
New St. John Bosco Youth Ministry Director Jacqueline Ripberger started in her new position...
Not all injuries are physical or mental. Some can stem from the soul. Such was the message at a...
Three VEX Robotics teams from Lincoln Trail Elementary and one from Cedar Crest Intermediate...
At 25, Eber Menjivar is the youngest member of the Jasper Utility Service Board, and he is the...