Meeting: Jasper Board of Public WorksJanuary 8, 2019
The Jasper Board of Public Works met Tuesday and:
• Approved closing a section of Mill Street between 11th and 12th street for sewer line repairs on Thursday and Friday.
• Approved the route for the annual Jasper Walk to End Alzheimer’s, which is a just under 2-mile walk that will take place at the Riverwalk on the morning of Saturday, Oct. 5.
• Approved the Biggest Rescue of All Times event at the Riverwalk on Friday, April 26, and Saturday, April 27.
• Heard that downtown sidewalk repair work that will grind down uneven portions of sidewalk will begin today and continue this week.
• Approved the awarding of 2019 street department supply bids. Cave Quarries Inc.; Calcar Paving Inc.; J.H. Rudolph & Co. Inc; RiverTown Construction LLC; Central Concrete Supply LLC; and IMI Southeast will all supply various items to the department.
More on DuboisCountyHerald.com
With Halloween quickly approaching here is a list of Halloween events and local trick-or-treat...
That old building, the one that sits at the only stoplight in Ireland, has become Bret...
The Dubois County Community Foundation has committed $150,000 to the Tri-County YMCA’s expansion.
When Jerry Hunefeld joined the Dubois County Council in 1974, he had no idea what the job...
This year is the Dubois County Park’s 50th anniversary — five decades of providing a...
Holland, Ferdinand and Lincoln Trail elementaries were all named a 2019 National Blue Ribbon School.
The Southridge Marching Raider Band’s color guard program has been a highlight of the group...
Ferdinand’s 18th Street Park will once again transform into a medieval land this weekend for...